Thread: Not his day

Nothing more difficult and dangerous than tracking a bear with internal injuries and little bleeding...
    GOOD LUCK Guys, I keep my fingers crossed!

A work mate had took a job at Saab in Tröllhattan in Sweden 85km from gothenberg. Never worked overseas before and a workmate of his warned him about moose "elk" on the roads, "they will stop or walk forward but never walk backwards said the pal".
    So he gets off the ferry in gothenberg with his RHD astra and chugs up the main road "zap" out comes an elk from the right side of the road & quick as a flash he remembered the warning he was given and swerves to the right to the rear of the elk but it was not enough & boom he collides with said elk. After swerving to a halt he sees the elk shake itself off and trot off into the woods, then he notices the complete roof of the astra has lozenged back & to the right = cars a writeoff but as it was the left A post that had hit the elk in the gut. He was unharmed due to sitting in the right side drivers seat.
    But on the left rear seat there was a 5 kg pile of elk ****, so he was happy not to have been driving a LHD car.
    True story, it happened to nick liddicutt ca. 1981.
    Martin

know the feeling..suss...yesterday I forgot my office keys, went back to get them, then left the house without them AGAIN,,but this time also left the house keys behind and shut myself out NOT, and I mean NOT, my finest day...LOL...

I had to take drastic evasive action once to avoid a moose. She was heading straight for me at the end of a Xmas do clutching mistletoe.....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    I had to take drastic evasive action once to avoid a moose. She was heading straight for me at the end of a Xmas do clutching mistletoe.....
    THEM are the worst kind too, they've been known to lurk in ambush as well...

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    I, but you ended up going away with the bear though

Moose