Shootingdiary.co.uk

Sako Hunter

Guys I have spent the last 9 months developing the above site, having tried to find a single place to store all my shoot data, photos etc, I never quite got round to writing my shoot diary up .... or sticking pictures into it. I can always find five mins to logon on line and update files on the web, hence I came up with the idea for an online shooting diary.

As such Shootingdiary.co.uk was born, an online shoot diary that you can record your days shooting, stalking etc on, you can then go back to it at anytime to see a record of each day in the field. You can monitor your performance too, log shoot locations, and obtain statistics on your performance.

There are two user options, Individual user and a Syndicate user option. Were also compiling a detailed directory of Gunshops, Shoot Supplies, Sporting Agents etc etc and you can share you photos in our public Photo Gallery.

Update your data from your smartphone too.

Check out the 7 day free trial, I hope you find it useful.

Home | Shooting Diary

Sensible suggestions always welcome.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is £15-00 after 7 day trial. £15 I'd personally prefer to go out and buy a journal

I think the £15 quid is pricey , a similar app I use on the farm costs 1.99 with no renewing etc and it updates itself often .

Teyhan, I always had a journal and still do but find I use the PC more, hence developing the site.

The site also allows you to upload pics, store data and see charts for your performance year on year, plus upload stats to your PC also. You wont get that from a Journal.

Give it a go for 7 days and let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Now reduced to £5.00 for the first 1000 members, quite a few people using it so far including syndicates too. Feedback so far positive.:)

Just a suggestion, but I think you'll have more success making it free for basic features/personal use and allowing people to "upgrade" to access better features, e.g. extra photo storage and/or different memberships e.g. "syndicate" or "shoot". Then, when you have 10,000 or more users (of which maybe 99% are free) you can say to advertisers, "look, I have 10,000+ active users you can target on a weekly basis, advertise here!"... Introduce affiliation with other websites, do a mobile App and explore any of the other many ways to make money through your captive audience but I'm afraid in this day and age when when people expect FREE you should give them FREE (but of course, we know nothing in this world comes for free...)

(I've considered web-journals, but I really like the idea of my kids, or grand kids, or great grand kids, or great great great grand kids finding my old battered and worn journals in the loft and laughing at what an old sentimental git their .... was)

Last edited:
Please renew your Trade Membership if you wish to continue to promote your site.

thank you

Alex

(I've considered web-journals, but I really like the idea of my kids, or grand kids, or great grand kids, or great great great grand kids finding my old battered and worn journals in the loft and laughing at what an old sentimental git their .... was)[/QUOTE]

:thumb:

Think I'll stick with my journal. A lot handier than my computer and I've been getting on OK with it for many years.

Guys, taken your advice a Shootingdiary.co.uk is now "Free" to use. Give it a go and let me know what you think?

The stats function are a bit surplus to requirements for me, as I can quite easily remember seven outings, thirteen shots and one duck. But do I really want to remember those stats? Dubious. Let's hope the stalking stats are better!

I have had trouble registering. I filled out the form and clicked register, and nothing happened. Then I tried to register again and it says that my email address is already in use. So I tried to login and it says that the password or email address is incorrect?

It appears I have received an email to confirm the account. I have clicked the confirmation link and now can log in to the site.

Seems the problem was that the registration page did not refresh and inform me of the confirmation email. Think you might need to look at this. I am using IE9 in compatability mode.

On another note, is there are privacy statement for use of the site. It slightly concerns me that I am adding in details of my shoot/land and would like assurance that such details go no further than my account.

Can I ask what is the purpose of having "Shoots" and "Shoot Locations"?

Should the Shoots simply be populated by the tags in shoot locations? I cant see the logic in adding it twice. Also, I think the ability to mark boundries would be a good thing.

Gents, I will get my developer to look at the login bit. I can see all but one of you are fully confirmed.

Privacy Statement - At the beginning of the T&C's.

Shoot Locations - Boundary drawing is possibly something for the future, only you can access this so any info you put in only you can see.

Shoots - Allows you to populate your diary entry via a drop down box with all your named shoots.

Will take all positive comments on board for future development, thanks for giving it a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks Sako

Back