Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shootingdiary.co.uk

Smile Shootingdiary.co.uk

Guys I have spent the last 9 months developing the above site, having tried to find a single place to store all my shoot data, photos etc, I never quite got round to writing my shoot diary up .... or sticking pictures into it. I can always find five mins to logon on line and update files on the web, hence I came up with the idea for an online shooting diary.

As such Shootingdiary.co.uk was born, an online shoot diary that you can record your days shooting, stalking etc on, you can then go back to it at anytime to see a record of each day in the field. You can monitor your performance too, log shoot locations, and obtain statistics on your performance.

There are two user options, Individual user and a Syndicate user option. Were also compiling a detailed directory of Gunshops, Shoot Supplies, Sporting Agents etc etc and you can share you photos in our public Photo Gallery.

Update your data from your smartphone too.

Check out the 7 day free trial, I hope you find it useful.

Home | Shooting Diary

Sensible suggestions always welcome.
    Last edited by csl; 27-10-2012 at 22:44. Reason: Trade membership renewed

Come on guys, take a 7 day free trial!!!!

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Trouble is 15-00 after 7 day trial. 15 I'd personally prefer to go out and buy a journal

I think the 15 quid is pricey , a similar app I use on the farm costs 1.99 with no renewing etc and it updates itself often .

Teyhan, I always had a journal and still do but find I use the PC more, hence developing the site.

The site also allows you to upload pics, store data and see charts for your performance year on year, plus upload stats to your PC also. You wont get that from a Journal.

Give it a go for 7 days and let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by Sako Hunter; 30-08-2012 at 14:54.

Now reduced to 5.00 for the first 1000 members, quite a few people using it so far including syndicates too. Feedback so far positive.

Just a suggestion, but I think you'll have more success making it free for basic features/personal use and allowing people to "upgrade" to access better features, e.g. extra photo storage and/or different memberships e.g. "syndicate" or "shoot". Then, when you have 10,000 or more users (of which maybe 99% are free) you can say to advertisers, "look, I have 10,000+ active users you can target on a weekly basis, advertise here!"... Introduce affiliation with other websites, do a mobile App and explore any of the other many ways to make money through your captive audience but I'm afraid in this day and age when when people expect FREE you should give them FREE (but of course, we know nothing in this world comes for free...)

(I've considered web-journals, but I really like the idea of my kids, or grand kids, or great grand kids, or great great great grand kids finding my old battered and worn journals in the loft and laughing at what an old sentimental git their .... was)
    Last edited by stig; 26-10-2012 at 14:50.

Please renew your Trade Membership if you wish to continue to promote your site.

thank you

Alex

(I've considered web-journals, but I really like the idea of my kids, or grand kids, or great grand kids, or great great great grand kids finding my old battered and worn journals in the loft and laughing at what an old sentimental git their .... was)[/QUOTE]

Think I'll stick with my journal. A lot handier than my computer and I've been getting on OK with it for many years.