Thread: .17HMR standard Sako Quad barrel for a a Vamint .17 HMR Sako Quad Barrel

.17HMR standard Sako Quad barrel for a a Vamint .17 HMR Sako Quad Barrel

Hey Fellas

A long shot but does anyone happen to have a .17MHR Sako Quad VARMINT profile barrel that they want to get rid of or even better swap for a standard .17HMR sako Quad Barrel.
    I have a standard profile .17HMR barrel with approx 200 rounds through it that I would like to exchange for a varmint profile (thick barrel).

Let me know what youve got
    Cheers

Mike

Mike,

Quick question - (please don't be offended) - why?

Whats the gain on a varmint over a standard barrel in a Sako .17 cal?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Fallow seeker View Post
    Hey Fellas

A long shot but does anyone happen to have a .17MHR Sako Quad VARMINT profile barrel that they want to get rid of or even better swap for a standard .17HMR sako Quad Barrel.
    I have a standard profile .17HMR barrel with approx 200 rounds through it that I would like to exchange for a varmint profile (thick barrel).

Let me know what youve got
    Cheers

Mike
    I clocked a sako barrel in R&B Sporting in Ross on Wye and if my memory serves me right it was varmint and about 125.

Give Rob a call and see if it's still there!

A standard barrel is lighter, there are more standard style stocks out there due to so many purchasing quads in the easly days hence the standard barrel is a well wanted upgrade for those who just bought the .22lr and finally I would be willing to put a little cash into the deal as well if someone had such a barrel.

If your question was meant the other way round - ie why do I want a varmint barrel over a standard - Its because I just bought a .22wmr barrel in varmint and want two matching barrels (.22wmr and .17Hmr), I dont care about the weight, and I want them to match the stock I have.

Cheers

Mike

Cheers - I'll give them a call tomorrow.

M