Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail Consultation on Transport of Firearms and components

Royal Mail Consultation on Transport of Firearms and components

Some will have seen post about BASC website problem.

Effectively stems from a proposal from Royal Mail to prohibit carriage of all firearms and components from November 2012.

Given SD's record ability to generate myth and legend ( I've NO idea where the impression that JAYB is good looking came from ) thought may help to post -

Royal Mail Proposal and Reasoning -

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...l_services.pdf

Responses needed by 17th September 2012.

BASC Webpage notes -

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/media/key_...487E7EF4E1528F

There may well be other details on other sporting organisation websites - I simply havent looked yet. If anyone else has, you are most welcome to post the links here.

We are members of BASC - and several other organisations. I am posting the link because I had it and it was the route by which I became aware of the issue. I am not posting to say 'nah, nah n nah na' look at BASC, to slight any other organisation, to promote global domination, to flog more DSC1 courses, etc etc etc - it would be very disappointing if this post was taken as an invitation for the prevalent 'bashing' and 'in fighting' that has made SD so depressing of late*. Please take in that context... And you've never seen me very disappointed!

* feel free to respond to this bit on another post.

Posted for the information for all and would just ask that if anyone feels strongly on this issue they dedicate the same energy to contacting Royal Mail, their MP etc as they do to penning responses here.

I thank you.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Farcical, what next, motor vehicle components? pointy objects? food?

Email this person
    zoe.allchorn@royalmail.com

using this sheet:
    (you should be able to either print or type over it if you save it, its page 21 on the PO link above

it includes airguns

on the new Prohibited list
    "15.3.27
    firearms (including those listed in Section 1, Section 2 and Section

5 of the Firearms Act 1968 (as amended)), low-powered air rifles
    and pistols and all component parts such as triggers, actions,
    barrels and magazines; "

Thanks Andy, was unaware of this as you know I am unaware of most things, really must put more water in it.

Seriously though while it does not affect me directly it can and will affect many, will get response of soon as.

oh dear.....

Date: 18 August 2012 at 12:29

Subject: Automatic reply: Re:Objection to planned changes to the carriage of firearms and associated components

Please note - I am on leave between the 11th August and the 25th August. Martin Anderson is covering for me in my absence, his contact number is 07435 769054. Thanks

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the named recipient, you must not use, disclose, reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this communication. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and then delete this email from your system.

ROYAL MAIL GROUP LIMITED registered in England and Wales at 100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT, LONDON EC4Y 0HQ with the registered company number 04138203

POST OFFICE LIMITED registered in England and Wales at 148 OLD STREET, LONDON EC1V 9HQ with the registered company number 02154540

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Please note - I am on leave between the 11th August and the 25th August. Martin Anderson is covering for me in my absence, his contact number is 07435 769054. Thanks
    So what did Martin have to say when you called him?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    So what did Martin have to say when you called him?

am waiting till I have had a few beers and the pubs close.
    should guarantee he is not having his dinner then

The Royal Mail are proposing changes to ban the posting of firearms

Received this today could make life difficult for some people

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...l_services.pdf

It could make life difficult for everyone if they ever buy gun parts on the internet. Currently Royal Mail is the only carrier that will transport guns around for the private individual. All other carriers require you to either have a business account or be an RFD.

Basically if you shoot anything, you should be replying to these proposals. Please take time to read the link above and e-mail Royal mail AND Ofcom the regulators and let them know what you think. If we sit back on our hands and do nothing that will be another nail in the coffin of shooting in the UK.

The Royal Mail are proposing changes

Hello Chaps

Not knowing if this is a long time issue but an RFD I use has brought it to my attention and I want to pass it on to you, The Royal Mail are proposing changes to ban the posting of firearms, air guns and component parts. This will affect all of us if these proposals go through and may result in the closure of many UK based gun shops as there is no other alternative service to ship your orders. Please see the Royal Mail link below and respond to it before the 17th Sept 2012.

As customers we rely on the Royal Mail to ship your orders to us, then you should be entitled to respond to these proposals. Overseas customers please also respond.

Please email your responses to zoe.allchorn@royalmail.com and cc it also to martin.anderson@royalmail.com

Link to Royal Mail proposals, http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Proposals_to_prohibit_Firearms_from_postal_service s.pdf

Thank You.

Kindest regards
    Garry
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...