Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lansky Ceramic Sharpeners - 4 Rod Turn Box & Fold A Vee

Lansky Ceramic Sharpeners - 4 Rod Turn Box & Fold A Vee

Lansky Ceramic Sharpening sets - Fold-a-Vee and 4 Rod Box

Following previous Advert - all back orders fully completed and items in stock and ready to go on demand. So thought would tidy up things by posting fresh thread.

I know that knife sharpening tends to be a bit of a 'dark art' at times.

Over the years we've used about every method going and had sessions with hundreds of course members. Over that time, we've consistently found the ceramic rod type set up gives some of the best, repeatable and easiest results.

A product that has worked really well has been the Croc Stick/ Lansky Rod Box. I personally use a 4 rod box as my main sharpening tool. The 4 rod box provides a set of two medium and two fine rods - and it's the fine ones I use almost exclusively. The two rod versions are cheaper, but dont have these - so we dont stock them.

I recently got chance to use the Fold-A-Vee version and like it .... a lot. Typically, then discovered this had just been discontinued by Lansky. We have a substantial stock in of the last available batch. This is a very safe set up - with a solid barrier between your fingers and the blade. It folds to a compact size and is useful for in-car back up or popping into a pocket. And as Apache says - it does not rattle like the rod box.

Fold A Vee

18.95 posted UK mainland First Class.SD Member offer 2 for 35 posted.

4 Rod Delux Turn Box NEW DELIVERY NOW IN!
    24.95 posted UK Mainland First Class

Available via Forest & Hill Website - see signature below. Or PM with e mail address for Fold A Vee SD offer.

Many thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Moray Outfitting; 05-09-2012 at 15:07.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Received with thanks. Great product.

No problem - glad you liked. As discussed 'warranty' still stands.

And not least thank you for posting - much appreciated.
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

Second stock batch arrived this morning, so still available.

Moray,

Can I take a four rod box. I have one already and would like a spare for the car.

I have no connection with Moray Outfitting, but can highly reccommend the four rod box for anyone looking for an easy way to keep knives sharp. I had various flat stones prior to the box and struggled to maintain a consistant angle. With the box, so long as you can hold your knife vertical you can get a good edge.

Cheers,

Bob

Moray

If you have a 4 rod set still available I will take one. A friend cut himself today with my knife and complained so much about it being blunt I thought I better do something about it.
    Last edited by ksb; 01-09-2012 at 16:34.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Ordered a 4 rod box via the website Will be interesting to compare it to the Tormek, the Lansky Universal system, the Fallkniven DC4.....

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Willie - I have your order in front of me. will go out first class on Monday morning.

All others Pm'd or PM replied to.

Many thanks to all.

IMPORTANT

I've just noticed MMbeatles thread advertising a 4 Rod Lansky Box at 30. His is a different product- which he does try to make clear in his text. It has two Diamond Medium rods and two Fine ceramic rods. THE VERSION HERE HAS CERAMIC RODS THROUGHOUT.
    In fairness 30 for his model is a very good price. My only 'issue' with his thread is the description ' older cheaper version' in respect of the ceramic rods kit advertised here. Strictly, he ain't wrong - but there's an unspoken implication one is better than the other.

As approved Lansky dealers we've tried their new models. We found the diamond rods a bit too abrasive for our tastes - that's just us, it may suit your needs. We tend to only use the medium grade rod for edge repair. The fine rod does the majority of what we need - and we've used it for years.

So in fairness to all, please dont treat the two adverts as a like for like comparison on price etc.

Hope that helps. Any queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Excellent, thank you

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

All orders as at 9.30 this morning packed and away to the Post Office.

Restock in

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Moray Outfitting; 06-09-2012 at 13:05.