Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lightforce advice !

  1. #1

    Lightforce advice !

    Fitting a Lightforce to the roof of L200 (55 Plate).

    On removal of the head cloth, I have discovered a support brace (double channel) roughly 4" wide running

    from interior light to back of cab (central).

    Any advice on how to fit thanks.

    Rgds, Buck.


    "let him without sin cast the first stone"





  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Fitting a Lightforce to the roof of L200 (55 Plate).

    On removal of the head cloth, I have discovered a support brace (double channel) roughly 4" wide running

    from interior light to back of cab (central).

    Any advice on how to fit thanks.

    Rgds, Buck.


    Billy, you've got to move it to the side of the brace land rover has a similar bracing

    Or use a roof bar mount easy fitted to a plate ,and use throught a open vehicle window ,saves the drilling of the roof .

  3. #3
    My last truckI didnt know about the brace and drilled straight in from the top! LOL

    I continued with all the bolt holes as well and put longer bolts in and packed them up with washers as spacers.
    Worked well enough and didnt let in any more water than usual!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Billy, you've got to move it to the side of the brace land rover has a similar bracing

    Or use a roof bar mount easy fitted to a plate ,and use throught a open vehicle window ,saves the drilling of the roof .


    Fitted one a while back to a Fourtrak (no brace), easy and straightforward. As you say Bob might have to

    play my "get out of jail free card" and fit a roof or suction bar mount.


    Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    My last truckI didnt know about the brace and drilled straight in from the top! LOL

    You'll not do that again in a hurry ! you might have been better use'n a hole saw (sun roof job !) LOL.

    Thanks anyways lads, Rgds, Buck.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 19-08-2012 at 08:10.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"





Similar Threads

  1. Lightforce hid
    By Uncle Buck in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26-08-2012, 15:15
  2. Lightforce
    By foxman in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 00:06
  3. Lightforce Blitz
    By mike in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-08-2010, 09:02
  4. Lightforce lamp
    By finnbear270 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-09-2009, 15:29
  5. Lightforce 140/170
    By tartinjock in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 20:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •