Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Tikka 243

Custom Tikka 243

Custom 243 Rifle

This beauty was built by by Mike Norris less than 3 months ago.

Unfortunately. I no longer have the deer shooting permission and the police have imposed restrictions to my FAC that make it unusable for fox and vermin shooting. " fox whilst stalking"

This rifle will do everything from deer shooting - general foxing - to long range vermin or target shooting.
    Anyway, here is the rifle spec.

ACTION -- The rifle is built up on the superb Tikka 590 action which has been re-blued. The bolt has a tact bolt knob fitted

BARREL -- The barrel is a 26 inch s/s 8 twist Truefliyte barrel. Threaded for 18 / 1 and fitted with an invisible end cap.

STOCK -- The stock is a GRS laminate - adjustable height cheekpiece and adjustable for length - This is the most comf stock I have ever used. More info on the stock here - http://grsriflestocks.com/

USAGE -- It has fired about 130 shots - mostly 105 grn Amax - but also a few 87 grn vmax.

ACCURACY -- Shoots Amax sub 0.2 ins - Not done extensive testing with 87 vmax but Mike Norris provided a test card using 87 gn Vmax of 0.31

RAIL -- A EGW picatinny rail is fitted - 0 MOA

EXTRA's -- lots of SAKO and Norma brass - A new set of RCBS reloding dies & Bullets ( over 100 )

PHOTO's --

Kit cost me over 2 grand.

I am looking for 1300 - Serious buyer can inspect or test the rifle.

That is a beautiful rifle and such ashame about the restrictions! Good luck with the sale

Suggestion - Keep your beautiful rifle - join a target shooting club & shoot it on range - get another rifle (dedicated fox calibre) - Look for more stalking ground then start using your 243 for deer & fox again.
    Plod surely can't argue with that.

Ian

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Suggestion - Keep your beautiful rifle - join a target shooting club & shoot it on range - get another rifle (dedicated fox calibre) - Look for more stalking ground then start using your 243 for deer & fox again.

Ian
    plus one on this too bud.

what a cracking rifle, never give up im sure some good blokes on here could get you a slot on a bit of land near your home location,

come on lads this forums the best at helping folk out.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post

Ian
    another suggestion,
    tell them to stick their ridiculous unlawful restrictions and send your FAC back with a letter to the chief constable!

or carry a buttalo on all trips!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    give basc a call im sure this is a silly restriction that needs to have a fundamental base for it to be implemented.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

What velocity were you getting please

Thank lads.

Yes the rifle is a stunner and deadly accurate.

Unfortunatley - I missed the opportunity of joining a certain deer shooting syndicate earlier this year and my FAC restrictions mean I can only use it for foxing whilst stalking.

I have no interest in club target shooting - so the rifle has to go.

Someone is going to get a fantastic custom rifle built by one of the best smith in the country, for less than some factory guns.

ATB
    Alan

( PS the scope is not included in deal--- LOL )

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    What velocity were you getting please

Hi Garry.

It shoots the 105 Amax at 2930 fps - and 87 grn Vmax at 3180 fps - both are mild loads

ATB
    Alan

DON'T sell it mate, as others have said get in touch with basc and write a letter to your chief constable and ask why you have been given that restriction.

I'm in West mercia, my .243 is for fox and deer control and my 30-06 is for deer control and fox whilst stalking.

Don't sell it mate ypou will regret it.

Jonathon