Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Rover Defender Roof Conversion

Land Rover Defender Roof Conversion

Brain picking time guys, i have been offered a really nice 110 defender for a very low price However
    i want to convert the hard top roof to make it more suitable for lamping, i have seen alot of conversions
    where the roof is hacked to bits but i am after a more subtle job either folding fabric or large sunroof,
    Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Hello,
    if its a hardtop van back one i would personally get a truck cab for it providing the bulkhead hasnt been removed behind the drivers seat. then get a ifor williams back for it, which can be easily removed for lamping. and when on the motor offers a bit of sercurity if you get the solid door for the canopy.

atb matt

As far as i am aware the bulkhead has been removed or yes that would be a good option, thanks matt.
    Atb u71

Marine (boat) hatch fitted into roof behind the rear seats
    Daz
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Simple solution is to pick up a roof for a county station wagon, the sun roof is detachable and the middle squab seat can be removed .theres also picking up a canvas mod top for a 110 from john craddock or paddock motors

daz missing the navy are we .

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Brain picking time guys, i have been offered a really nice 110 defender for a very low price However
    i want to convert the hard top roof to make it more suitable for lamping, i have seen alot of conversions
    where the roof is hacked to bits but i am after a more subtle job either folding fabric or large sunroof,
    Any ideas gratefully appreciated.
    LRC Congleton could cut you the roof as you want and fit a shooting rail at same time.

Jimbo

Here's what I did with mine, fairly easy to do if you're handy with a welder and totally water tight. Lid fits on top obviously and you lift it off when required.

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Tom - that's very nice, and is pretty well what I'm intending to do to mine. Where did you get the actual hatch from?

get the stihl saw on it

Quote Originally Posted by filzee View Post
    get the stihl saw on it
    Don't say that! He will!!!
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...