Land Rover Defender Roof Conversion

unicorn71

Brain picking time guys, i have been offered a really nice 110 defender for a very low price:D However
i want to convert the hard top roof to make it more suitable for lamping, i have seen alot of conversions
where the roof is hacked to bits but i am after a more subtle job either folding fabric or large sunroof,
Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Hello,
if its a hardtop van back one i would personally get a truck cab for it providing the bulkhead hasnt been removed behind the drivers seat. then get a ifor williams back for it, which can be easily removed for lamping. and when on the motor offers a bit of sercurity if you get the solid door for the canopy.

atb matt

Simple solution is to pick up a roof for a county station wagon, the sun roof is detachable and the middle squab seat can be removed .theres also picking up a canvas mod top for a 110 from john craddock or paddock motors

daz missing the navy are we .

Brain picking time guys, i have been offered a really nice 110 defender for a very low price:D However
i want to convert the hard top roof to make it more suitable for lamping, i have seen alot of conversions
where the roof is hacked to bits but i am after a more subtle job either folding fabric or large sunroof,
Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

LRC Congleton could cut you the roof as you want and fit a shooting rail at same time.

Jimbo

Here's what I did with mine, fairly easy to do if you're handy with a welder and totally water tight. Lid fits on top obviously and you lift it off when required.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTA0LTAwMjYyLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTA0LTAwMjYxLmpwZw.jpg

Tom

Tom - that's very nice, and is pretty well what I'm intending to do to mine. Where did you get the actual hatch from?

To be fair I cut the hole with a stihly! The hatch was just another square section that I formed the size of the outside of the frame so it slotted over it. Siliconed on a sheet of half inch ply and bolted 4 x spring loaded bolts under neith it that locate into the frame work. Ill take a pic of it in place tomorrow for you.

Tom

To be fair I cut the hole with a stihly! The hatch was just another square section that I formed the size of the outside of the frame so it slotted over it. Siliconed on a sheet of half inch ply and bolted 4 x spring loaded bolts under neith it that locate into the frame work. Ill take a pic of it in place tomorrow for you.

Tom
Thanks Tom appreciate the help.Chris

Back