Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NGO gets tough on failing firearms licensing departments

NGO gets tough on failing firearms licensing departments

Interesting and well worth a read.

http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...failing-police

Is that a joke the comment by Hampshire police, they are five months behind at the moment, there can,t be anybody worse surely.

hi lads, Not worse than Hampshire but. My certificate was due for renewal in February. I received the paperwork last October with a note saying that Thames Valley required 60 working days (two and a half months) notice if I was to have it completed in time.

Here in Northern Ireland it was taking 12 to 24 months to process a certificate. BASC put some pressure on them and I believe this has improved significantly and for a while I was hearing of reasonable times but I'm starting to hear a few people talking of 5 - 6 months again.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Wylyekeeper View Post
    I can only say well done NGO and George Wallace. I am happy that i am a supporter member as the NGO in my opinion is the best.

Jimbo

I had probs with cheshire a few yrs back and George was on my case with them for a full yr although there was no outcome they at least tried more than i can say for BASC who did nothing to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyfinn View Post
    I had probs with cheshire a few yrs back and George was on my case with them for a full yr although there was no outcome they at least tried more than i can say for BASC who did nothing to help me.
    +1 I had problems with Cheshire over conditions even though i had open Certificate it took six months for George Wallace to fight my corner but the outcome was in my favour. As you say BASC did nothing to help only point me in the direction of pragraphs in the Home Office Guidance which i already had a copy and had read myself.

Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Is that a joke the comment by Hampshire police, they are five months behind at the moment, there can,t be anybody worse surely.
    I sent mine off on friday 10th Aug 1st class recorded, arrived back on my door mat wednesday, im with Hampshire and can't fault their service so far...... maybe im just lucky!

Edit: I did enclose a quote from my FAO saying this was needed back asap, might be worth having a chat to yours and seeing if they can assist.
    "Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." Agatha Christie

Having spoke to them on occasions, and been informed that they only started looking at Aprils mail at the beginning of August I shall ring today and quote what your experience was and ask why everyone else is being kept waiting.
    mine was sent on the 4 April renewal date was June and I have spoken to them twice by phone and been refused a temporary licence as quote it takes as long to do as a normal licence

Quote Originally Posted by mickyfinn View Post
    I didn't have any problems with Cheshire FLD at all in 2011. My renewal was in on time and the new certificates were back bang on expiry date of the old cert. Took 3 weeks for the turnaround.
    Best it's ever been, no hassle at all.
    Cheers, ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!