Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: binoculars

binoculars

hi guy/gals

just checking what sort of binoculars you use for your deer stalking, an what mag.

thank Andrew

Bins

Andrew

I use 10x42B Lica's, they are an older model but are pretty good I think they cost me 500 second hand on Ebay about two years ago, in the past I have also had 7x30 & 8x56 Swarovski SLC's which I would now consider better to be honest having used all of them now.

I have a friend that has a set of the New Swarovski EL's they are the best I have ever seen -but at about 1,300 a pair I have better things to spend my money on at the moment.

If you have a gander on ebay there are always losds of Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss binos on there daily. For day to day use an 8x30 (very light) or 8x40 seems to be used by most stalkers, my 10x40's do give me a smaller field of view but a better look at the animal-which you will find with higher mag.

Hope this is of some help

Lee

Leica 7 x 42. Don't get too high mag as they will not perform in low light conditions.
    Mine came form Evilbay for about 400 secondhand.

Swarovski 7X42 SLC, Mutts nuts!

thanks guys

Swarovski 10x42's they are fantastic,I bought them new for 700.00 but it was quite a while ago,and,I think they are well over a grand now..........'M'

Hi all i have a pair of swaros 10x42 slc's they are great but have been thinking of upgrading to 8.5x42 el's but dont know if you get much difference for the (quite a bit) extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by paulhed
    Hi all i have a pair of swaros 10x42 slc's they are great but have been thinking of upgrading to 8.5x42 el's but dont know if you get much difference for the (quite a bit) extra money.
    I tried both of these at the same time (broad day light admittedly) and opted for the slc 10x42. They are a bit heavier but cant say that I have noticed it when using them. Delighted with them so far.

Just got some 8x42 Votex Vipers - well happy with them.

cheers

Stu

swarovski's 8.5*42 EL's they are absolutely brilliant, not the lightest but the quality and low light is pretty good. Would never part with them!