Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A 600 NE pistol - for humane dispatch?

A 600 NE pistol - for humane dispatch?

An interesting website. They make a 600 Nitro Express 5 shot handgun. If you want something a bit smaller they do one in 458 win ma as well!

http://www.pfeifer-waffen.at/cms/htm...display&pid=32

Also have a look at their handi rifle, and they .22 Hornet.

Aw, bless! They've got a tiny little man to shoot it.

Ouch! I've fired a Taurus long barrelled revolver in .44mag and that is good fun but the fun soon dies down after about 10 shots
    How Dirty Harry gets more than one shot off at the target I'll never know!

That's not a "little" man. That's one huge 13.6 pound revolver! That weighs more than my 30-06 target rifle. As a handgunner I can tell you that I wouldn't bother with it. Know anyone who can hold 13.6 pounds at arms length and concentrate on sight alignment and trigger control?? I don't!! ~Muir

there's a video on you tube of that guy shooting the pistol. First round, the pistol recoils up and smacks him a good'un across the forehead.

Numpty! Obviously meant for the Subaru Impreza or Ford Capri drivers of this world.

Why? don't get me wrong I like pistols but do you really need one for dispatch? Would a shotgun not be a safer option? Just my thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by deer man
    Why? don't get me wrong I like pistols but do you really need one for dispatch? Would a shotgun not be a safer option? Just my thoughts!
    deer man
    horses for courses on that one
    and just not a topic worth discussing
    those that hav Handguns will make a case for their use , those with out also
    and you also may need to get your FLO to agree on the use of a shot gun for humane dispatch if you want to use solid slugs
    well this is the problem i hav with west mids you may not hav the same probs
    so i now hav a pistol and great tool for the job in all types of situ's and less hassle to carry about than a shottie
    for me cased closed

Stone, you don't have to use a solid slug, If your close enough to use a Pistol your close enough to use a shotgun. I am not anti pistol, shot a few in my time just can't see the point for dispatch.

Now pistol versus Brown bear! I am sure that would get the adrenalin going!

That 600 NE revolver is something someone makes because they figure SOMEONE will pony up the $$ just to own it. It is of little practical field value. I don't get the part about "humane dispatch" but I'm assuming you mean putting down wounded animals?? I would hate to see the poor creature suffer while John Q. Hunter fumbles with this behemoth handgun and then fluffs the shot.

It's a stunt, I think, but that's just my opinion. To boot the dam thing is ugly! ~Muir

PS: I kill things with handguns waaaay out of shotgun range!

Obviously meant for the Subaru Impreza or Ford Capri drivers of this world.

Like to elaborate on this sweeping statement