Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Roe calling and buzzards.

  1. #1

    Roe calling and buzzards.

    This year I have had a great success at calling DOES, the bucks have been less playful.
    The one assumption I have made is on ground which have a great many buzzards on the DEER in general have responded much much less.
    While calling a good number of busbies have come to my call chirping back in a roe sounding feip.
    Now I have made my findings public I would like you to think back a few weeks and draw your own conclusions.
    Does a high density of buzzards in an area which chirp alot really effect the effectiveness of the caller on roe??
    With the seasons varied results I cannot say my evidence is concrete or coincidence.
    But it dose seem if there are many birds in the area the call has been near useless (for me this year).
    your veiws will be welcome.
    ATB john

  2. #2
    Quite possible fella. Plenty of times all has been quiet,but after a few squeezes on the Buttolo the Buzzards start calling,and the two sounds can be unbelievably similar. Never thought of mentioning it,but at times I have thought if the roe think its a buzzard calling instead.

  3. #3

    Callin

    Quote Originally Posted by sako751sg View Post
    Quite possible fella. Plenty of times all has been quiet,but after a few squeezes on the Buttolo the Buzzards start calling,and the two sounds can be unbelievably similar. Never thought of mentioning it,but at times I have thought if the roe think its a buzzard calling instead.

    My mentor told me"If you am gittin buzzard's boy u am do'in
    it rong"

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by croydbay View Post
    My mentor told me"If you am gittin buzzard's boy u am do'in
    it rong"
    I'm taking it he was African by his accent,so maybe roe wasn't his forte so to speak.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    This year I have had a great success at calling DOES, the bucks have been less playful.
    The one assumption I have made is on ground which have a great many buzzards on the DEER in general have responded much much less.
    While calling a good number of busbies have come to my call chirping back in a roe sounding feip.
    Now I have made my findings public I would like you to think back a few weeks and draw your own conclusions.
    Does a high density of buzzards in an area which chirp alot really effect the effectiveness of the caller on roe??
    With the seasons varied results I cannot say my evidence is concrete or coincidence.
    But it dose seem if there are many birds in the area the call has been near useless (for me this year).
    your veiws will be welcome.
    ATB john
    If you get buzzards and does on your calling that means your tone is too high. The best CD I know that demonstates how to get the correct tone level is the one from Klaus Demmel; Die Blattjagd.

    http://klaus-demmel.de/

    His agent in the UK is : info@stalkinggear.co.uk

  6. #6
    Iam the same with them. they call back to the buttalo. my ground is loaded with them. That might be a reason they are not bothered about the call. cheers Hootsman

  7. #7
    last season I called in loads of bucks.
    this season had we had a rut the bucks would have followed those does in so no probs there.
    the bucks which did come in came very well, it was a fact there was no rut to speak of here.
    regards john

  8. #8
    Same here regarding the buzzards.

    Managed to call in some young buzzards great but no deer.

    And they do sound very very alike in my opinion, or maybe I am just crap at it

  9. #9
    Back to my original post maybe wasn't clear.
    on ground without many buzzards the call worked well with both bucks and does.
    where the buzzards were chirping much much less effective.
    Coincidence ?? I think not personally.

  10. #10
    Would have to agree that they sound very alike, on the permission I have there are plenty of Buzzards. Very plausible....


    Alba gu brąth

    Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under
    .

Similar Threads

  1. Roe calling
    By limulus in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-06-2012, 22:11
  2. roe doe calling
    By bradstalk in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-10-2010, 21:50
  3. calling roe
    By bunnydan in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 15:59
  4. calling roe
    By sir-lamp-alot in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-06-2009, 15:00
  5. Calling Roe
    By novice in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-06-2008, 19:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •