Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Basc

Basc

Ive noticed tonight a basc lads on the site and posting on threads. How about you lads look at my thread "hicup" and post your thoughts on my situation

nutty

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    Ive noticed tonight a basc lads on the site and posting on threads. How about you lads look at my thread "hicup" and post your thoughts on my situation nutty
    Yes Nutty it seams that i have told the truth about my situation and stirred up the Hornets nest within BASC. I get the impression with all the bad posts on here about BASC and all the good one's about the NGO they are now getting worried that they may loose memberships to the NGO. I ask one question the NGO acted for me but i contacted BASC first but they did not. WHY NOT i told them exactly the same as told the NGO and BASC charge almost double for membership than NGO so, to my mind have more money to fight members cases. If the NGO can do it then so can BASC. As they say it's to late to close the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Jimbo

Nuttyspaniel,

Your situation is a lot easier.

You just have to show the communication you have received from your Chief Constable's representative and we will all be able to offer advice.

Stan

No hornets just trying to make sure that people understand the reality of the inconsistent licensing regime in the uk and the legislative framework. We are all best fighting together in the best way possible. It's one thing being upset with an organisation, that's your prerogative but I can assure you we are all parts of a big jigsaw and once the realities are understood then people will see that the NGO have simply spun a quote given by a DCC who has no legal power to influence other forces. That said we hope he will do his best. I think that we could have all written to our MPs, police authorities and chief constable's staff officers by now in the time it's taken to get these issues off our chest on this forum.

Have to say when I first applied for my FAC I was refused due to having depression on my medical history - BASC were no help.

I didn't know about the NGO at the time but luckily had a friend who knew his firearms law (rifle club owner) and he helped me out. Rather than appealing I simply wrote a letter explaining the circumstances, and got a couple of extra references from very reputable people. They were very decent about it all and issued me a licence!

The FAC application form doesn't leave much room for explanation!

All left me wondering what the point in BASC membership was though...

Just join SACS and let them sort it out mate,save a load of hassle

Martin

Nutty I just can't get my head round I was basically in the exact same situation as you and was told the complete opposite it just doesn't make sense does it

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Yes Nutty it seams that i have told the truth about my situation and stirred up the Hornets nest within BASC. I get the impression with all the bad posts on here about BASC and all the good one's about the NGO they are now getting worried that they may loose memberships to the NGO. I ask one question the NGO acted for me but i contacted BASC first but they did not. WHY NOT i told them exactly the same as told the NGO and BASC charge almost double for membership than NGO so, to my mind have more money to fight members cases. If the NGO can do it then so can BASC. As they say it's to late to close the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Jimbo
    Watching the threads over the past few months its seems very apparent that BASC are failing so many, with so much. No longer are they the go to organisation for help when you need it most... unless your prepared to shell out 's on a solicitor! Fair enough they shout the loudest, have the biggest budgets & are "the voice of shooting", but thats not all i want from my subsciption fees.

Most of the smaller organisations are caring for their members far better & looking after the average shooter & not only the tweed donned, range rover driving snobs that BASC pander to.

SACS, SGA, NGO are definately the way to go.

DA
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Nuttyspaniel,

Your situation is a lot easier.

You just have to show the communication you have received from your Chief Constable's representative and we will all be able to offer advice.

Stan
    Been done..... Ask the Scottish lads..

Nuttyspaniel,

Didn't know that non residents of Scotland were not allowed to input to this thread.

Stan