Thread: Fascinating website for Air traffic

Lightbulb Fascinating website for Air traffic

This web site gives real time information on air traffic world wide! If you have a friend flying home and you have the flight number you can watch his progress across the globe!
    Fascinating stuff!
    Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

For the nautically minded there is also Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions which has the same information for ships!

Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by libensvolenspotens View Post
    This web site gives real time information on air traffic world wide! If you have a friend flying home and you have the flight number you can watch his progress across the globe!
    Fascinating stuff!
    Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

For the nautically minded there is also Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions which has the same information for ships!

Cheers,
    Dave
    had these on my favourites for ages...family laugh at me when I point out of the window and say ..' see that plane? that is the BAW48 from vancouver to london heathrow flying at 38,000ft and going 589 mph'......its got to be better than train spotting....only thing is it tends to be a tad cloudy in SW Scotland./.

If you're picking up someone from the airport and want to fine tune things.... You are not supposed to tune in to air traffic control, but if your scanner just happened to lock on to for argument's sake 119.10 MHz, and you inadvertantly overheard the flight number in question come on to frequency, you might very well think that the flight would be landing at Glasgow airport in about 12 minutes. Similar things may occur at other airports, but I wouldn't have a clue at how to Google for the required info...

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    If you have an iPad, iPhone, Android or Windows Mobile device you could always go to Plane Finder – Flight Radar | Aircraft Tracker | Live Flight Tracking and download the relevant app.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!