Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid Shires Game Dealers

Mid Shires Game Dealers

Is anyone still supplying Mid Shires Game dealers ( which is the old Willo Game dealers) with their deer. Rumours in mid wales are, that they had now vertually shutdown. While passing the other day i called in to find the site looking abandoned. There was only one car on the premises, so i called into the office. Here i asked the person if they were shutdown. His reply was they would still be dealing in deer/venison only for this season, but wouldn't commit to much more info.
    Think i'll have to find an alternative dealer for my deer this year as don't like the sound or looks of my findings. Don't want to risk being ripprd off either.
    Anyone know anymore?
    Gaz

Hi Gaz, i'm not sure what the situation with Mid shires is. The last I heard was Will Oakley (Willo Game) was running it again. That was a couple of years ago.
    There is a bloke dealing Game from a unit out by Yockleton. Sadly all I can tell you is that his name is Tony Hillman. not much help but might jog someones memory.

Ezzy

Thanks Ezzy. Willo has now left all together and is working for Bettws Hall Game shooting. Hope someone has a contact no. for Tony Hillman. Cheers Gaz

I used them all last winter and have dropped some Roe off this summer dropped a couple off only last week no problems they even opened early for me, they have been very good so far.
    I hope it continues.

Wayne

Tried to call them yesterday and the day before on two different numbers - no reply on both ....

Thanks for the replies. Hope it continues but still looks and sounds a bit touchy.
    Wayne did you get payment on delivery or are you still on the old method of a month later.
    Cheers Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Hope it continues but still looks and sounds a bit touchy.
    Wayne did you get payment on delivery or are you still on the old method of a month later.
    Cheers Gaz
    Hi Gaz
    I'm on the month later, they have always been spot on to be fair no problems at all.
    When I called in there were quite a few lads working it all looked like business as usual. I hope so any way I'll make some enquiries on Tuesday.

I've already been done by one gamedealer that went bust a few years ago from Ledbury not for a fortune but he had some deer off me when he knew full well that the firm had gone T*ts up, I think the lad is still quite involed in the stalking world which is a very small one.

Thinking aboout it I wonder if he's on here My time will come ya f****r I have a very long memory

atb

Wayne

Your bang on Wayne,tha stalking world is a small one, especially when some pratt rips one of use off. That's my main concern with the rumours about mid shires. Had a couple of prickets last night, so will try them as others, like yourself are still continuing to use and trust them. ATB Gaz

If anyone finds out anything please post on here, as I send a few when they are passing for pheasants locally.

I Dropped some Rabbits off at Mid Shires about 2 months ago. Cash on delivery. No problems at all.