Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: loads for 270

  1. #1

    loads for 270

    any good data for loads in a 270 parker hale,coal,powder, bullet heads 120 grain.cheers guys

  2. #2
    120?

    only used 130gr on deer
    56-60g N160

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by taln View Post
    any good data for loads in a 270 parker hale,coal,powder, bullet heads 120 grain.cheers guys
    Sorry have no idea what YOUR particular rifle will like. However P-H used Norma ammunition in their acceptance testing.

  4. #4
    I remember when I used to look upon a new reloading challenge as something akin to being given the dorm lists from an all-girl boarding school and being told I could just pick a name and call for a willing date. A reloading manual was the Dorm lists. I just picked a powder that seems to be the most versatile and begin reloading.

    In either situation, the result was seldom something I couldn't live with until it was time to shift attentions.~Muir

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I remember when I used to look upon a new reloading challenge as something akin to being given the dorm lists from an all-girl boarding school and being told I could just pick a name and call for a willing date. A reloading manual was the Dorm lists. I just picked a powder that seems to be the most versatile and begin reloading.

    In either situation, the result was seldom something I couldn't live with until it was time to shift attentions.~Muir
    With all good intentions Muir.some people may have done the donkey work for particular gun,and passing on information about loads to other people to try would be beneficial,certainly i would not have that problem if someone wanted information of me.thanks for imput mate

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by taln View Post
    With all good intentions Muir.some people may have done the donkey work for particular gun,and passing on information about loads to other people to try would be beneficial,certainly i would not have that problem if someone wanted information of me.thanks for imput mate
    I take it you share barrels then?

    Point is what works in your barrel might be pretty poor through another barrel.

  7. #7
    4831 sc powder. 130 gr Accubond

  8. #8
    130 grn Hornady Interlocks, 56 grns Vit N160, CCI Magnum primers. Dont know how fast but very accurate through my Parker Hale 1200 Safari.
    Tusker.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    130 grn Hornady Interlocks, 56 grns Vit N160, CCI Magnum primers. Dont know how fast but very accurate through my Parker Hale 1200 Safari.
    Tusker.
    roughly 2850fps

  10. #10
    Cheers Bewsher, I must get a chronagraph.
    Tusker.

Similar Threads

  1. 270 loads for Africa
    By deerwarden in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-04-2012, 10:27
  2. 270 winchester loads
    By jay 22 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 28-08-2011, 14:15
  3. 270 loads
    By allan in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-05-2011, 20:54
  4. New loads for .270 using H4350
    By smithp18 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 20:59
  5. First loads for my .243 and .270
    By smithp18 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 07:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •