Thread: Cz550 fs

Cz550 fs

Hello all. Is it possible to get a steel floor plate for a CZ 550 as the one I have has a plastic one that I do not like. Also the cap at the muzzel end of the full stock is plastic and I would like to replace this also. Any ideas?

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Just out of question how do you find the CZ550? I have found one in 6.5x55 (I have a free slot for this) and am thinking about buying it. I have a TIkka m595 in .22-250 which I love, if I buy the CZ will I regret not saving a bit more dosh?
    From what I have read it sounds a decent rifle, but first hand experience is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 12borejimbo View Post
    Just out of question how do you find the CZ550? I have found one in 6.5x55 (I have a free slot for this) and am thinking about buying it. I have a TIkka m595 in .22-250 which I love, if I buy the CZ will I regret not saving a bit more dosh?
    From what I have read it sounds a decent rifle, but first hand experience is much better.
    I have a CZ550 f/s in 9.3x62 and my mate has the American model in 6.5x55. Both handle and shoot really well. Solidly made, accurate and reasonably priced - I strongly recommend them. Hope this helps, there are some in depth reviews on the 'Real Guns' website which provide all the answers you might need.

Quote Originally Posted by bunwell wood shoot View Post
    Hello all. Is it possible to get a steel floor plate for a CZ 550 as the one I have has a plastic one that I do not like. Also the cap at the muzzel end of the full stock is plastic and I would like to replace this also. Any ideas?

Mark
    Mark, don't know about the floor plate, but if you have a belt or disc sander, a bit of pipe and the will to apply some elbow grease, you can build your own forend/tip in a couple of days. I've done this with a CZ ZKK and bought a block of African Blackwood from a guitar building store (8), it's a perfect replica to the original and I just put two dowels in and counter sunk them into the stock - it looks like something out of a london gunroom. I know you're 'supposed' to attach the block to the stock first and then shape it, I guess either way will work.

just a thought, but I'm afraid I don't know of an off-the-shelf alternative unless you can find something half decent from midway uk (unlikely).

hope you're well

Peter