Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T8 Mod off my .308

T8 Mod off my .308

If I take my mod off the .308 how much off zero am I likely to be at 100yds? I just want a rough idea.
    Obviously I will be re zeroing.
    Just need to lighten the rifle up as going after the stags next week and I am not getting any younger.
    Wf1

My 7mm-08 is 2" high at 100 yards without the mod - but the load developed for use with mod on isn't great if used mod off.

Anyone want to buy a nice stainless muzzle break
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

This subject will depend on Rifle, Barrel diameter and Calibre. Best thing to do is use a big target say A3 size and you will see results. My .270 shoots about 6 inches high without T8 MOD fitted.

Never having tried it, are there normally any significant windage adjustments needed when adding/removing a a mod(?), every answer I have heard to the question has only mentioned elevation.

Mine goes 2" high at 100yds after removal (Brno Zkk601)
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Try it is the only way to find out. My 25-06 shoots same poi with my t4 on or off but put the lighter cmm4 on it and its 6" away diagonally. Work that out?

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler1 View Post
    If I take my mod off the .308 how much off zero am I likely to be at 100yds? I just want a rough idea.
    Obviously I will be re zeroing.
    Just need to lighten the rifle up as going after the stags next week and I am not getting any younger.
    Wf1
    Wf why dont you remove re zero if needed remember the clicks, I would jot them down in my diary. Then when you have to replace the mod reverse the clicks.

Nutty

How much and how far will depend on many things including the bedding and the stresses in the barrel. Due to this no one can tell you how your rifle will react so you will have to try it and see for yourself.

Thanks everybody for your input helped me a lot.
    So I have just been out and tried it,from zero it drops straight down to 6" low.
    Thanks all Wf1

Hello WF1!

How did the trip after stags go?