Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mentor Conditions

Mentor Conditions

what if 'god forbid' if out with a mentor and **** happens are both parties to blame or is the person pulling the trigger at fault should the police be asking for mentors
    Last edited by sikamalc; 02-09-2012 at 16:07. Reason: Title spelling

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    what if 'god forbid' if out with a mentor and **** happens are both parties to blame or is the person pulling the trigger at fault should the police be asking for mentors
    Have a quick read through these threads I don't no the answer and not to sure if anybody else does
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...king-condition
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ble-conditions

If ever a mentor got convicted of something when his/her student actually commited the act then that would be the last mentor who ever agreed to be one. The police would be knackered as it's a condition invented by them anyway so they would end up being taken to court on a daily basis for refusing to grant FAC's as no mentors were prepared to risk getting a conviction. I stand to be corrected but the man pulling the trigger is the man responsible as far as I am concerned. Has a driving instructor ever got points on his licence because his student broke the speed limit? I doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    If ever a mentor got convicted of something when his/her student actually commited the act then that would be the last mentor who ever agreed to be one. The police would be knackered as it's a condition invented by them anyway so they would end up being taken to court on a daily basis for refusing to grant FAC's as no mentors were prepared to risk getting a conviction. I stand to be corrected but the man pulling the trigger is the man responsible as far as I am concerned. Has a driving instructor ever got points on his licence because his student broke the speed limit? I doubt it!
    If that were the case why bother with the condition then, if a driving instructor was involved in an accident with a student I bet they would be just as responsible for it as the student, they are under instruction and a driving instructor says the junction is safe to pull out and then there is an accident he has instructed the student to proceed so he must be partly responsible surely?

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    If that were the case why bother with the condition then, if a driving instructor was involved in an accident with a student I bet they would be just as responsible for it as the student, they are under instruction and a driving instructor says the junction is safe to pull out and then there is an accident he has instructed the student to proceed so he must be partly responsible surely?
    Why bother with the condition? Well some help and guidance is better than nothing isn't it? Did the driving instructor tell the student that it was safe to pull out or did he just floor it? I have never seen a car with two steering wheels either! If the student swerves across the road who is going to be able to stop him/her doing it? I will answer that for you...no one! The instructor is there to help as best he can and not to drive the car for the student.

Why bother with the condition? Well some help and guidance is better than nothing isn't it? Did the driving instructor tell the student that it was safe to pull out or did he just floor it? I have never seen a car with two steering wheels either! If the student swerves across the road who is going to be able to stop him/her doing it? I will answer that for you...no one! The instructor is there to help as best he can and not to drive the car for the student.
    But they have duel control obviously they don't have a wheel but pedals etc so have the facility to stop the vehicle, my example I'm saying that the driving instructor told the student to proceed so he did but there was an accident there for the driving instructor instructed him to proceed there for he is partly responsible surely in my eyes anyway in the eyes of the law I'm not so sure......

Really don't know about the mentor or the driving instructor, but do know if a learner driver is breathalised the
    the qualified driver will also be breathalised if he fails he wil be charged with being drunk in charge which will carry the same penalty as if he had been driving regardless of whether the learner has had a drink if that makes sense

I think the role and responsibilities of the qualified driver accompanying a provisional licence holder are actually quite well-defined.

Not from that perspective alone is comparision between that relationship and the relationship between FAC-holding mentor and FAC-'conditioned-mentoree' at best inexact, and at worst profoundly unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Really don't know about the mentor or the driving instructor, but do know if a learner driver is breathalised the
    the qualified driver will also be breathalised if he fails he wil be charged with being drunk in charge which will carry the same penalty as if he had been driving regardless of whether the learner has had a drink if that makes sense
    Yes a very good example and proves my point.....

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Have a quick read through these threads I don't no the answer and not to sure if anybody else does
    I have this exact enquiry in with my FLD at the moment - should I be named or otherwise included on another's FAC, ('experienced stalker' etc.), I want them to inform me of the limit of liability, (criminal & civil), should a 'mentoree' do something that he can be either prosecuted or sued for - no reply as yet, 10 days and counting.
    Last edited by Orion; 24-08-2012 at 20:35.