Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Big thanks to Tony and Julie at F Anderson's RFD/Gunsmiths in West Lothian

  1. #1

    Big thanks to Tony and Julie at F Anderson's RFD/Gunsmiths in West Lothian

    Discovered by referral, closer than most others to Edinburgh and a veritable Alladin's cave of ammunition, reloading supplies and gunsmithing.
    Dangerous place to be with cash as you always end up coming out with more than you planned!

    They have done a cracking job shortening, 11deg crowning and screw cutting a .222 and resizing the moderator bush.
    All done for next day pickup and a very good price.

    Thanks again, I will be back!

    contact "J.Russell FA" on here or:

    Last edited by bewsher500; 26-08-2012 at 16:49.

  2. #2
    A mate used them and rated their service price etc. Ive been meaning to get some prices from them for 6mm 90grn noslers.

    Nutty

  3. #3
    all the reloading stuff I looked at was cheaper than Bushwear and Continental Shooting supplies (where I had stupidly just bought some stuff before visiting!)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    all the reloading stuff I looked at was cheaper than Bushwear and Continental Shooting supplies (where I had stupidly just bought some stuff before visiting!)
    Heard that aswell. They are closer to me than bushwear aswell.


    Nutty

  5. #5
    They are brilliant I deal with them all the time. they have helped me out no end and they are 5 minutes from the door. they even took the time to show me how to reload. Brilliant service cheers Hootsman

  6. #6
    I would also recommend them as well ,even although they are a small company they are always competative price wise and they open at nights which helps no end

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hw60sniper View Post
    I would also recommend them as well ,even although they are a small company they are always competative price wise and they open at nights which helps no end
    ....I could of made a fortune if I had introduced you on a commission for future expenditure lol! You are never away from the place.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    all the reloading stuff I looked at was cheaper than Bushwear and Continental Shooting supplies (where I had stupidly just bought some stuff before visiting!)
    No experience of them but picked up some 6mm sierra pro hunter at Bushwear 19 a 100 thought that was pretty good.

  9. #9
    Thanks to everyone for the the kind comments above, but a couple of points:

    I am on this forum as Julie as an Individual (non-trade) - we do have a trade account as J.Russell FA - so in accordance with the forum rules could people please use this account rather than Julie - both do get to me.

    Also

    The Company is J. Russell F/A Ltd - nothing to do with any company called F Anderson (F/A = FireArms by the way)

    I will also post via the trade account for reference

    Julie


    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Discovered by referral, closer than most others to Edinburgh and a veritable Alladin's cave of ammunition, reloading supplies and gunsmithing.
    Dangerous place to be with cash as you always end up coming out with more than you planned!

    They have done a cracking job shortening, 11deg crowning and screw cutting a .222 and resizing the moderator bush.
    All done for next day pickup and a very good price.

    Thanks again, I will be back!

    contact "Julie" on here or:


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the the kind comments above, but a couple of points:

    I am on this forum as Julie as an Individual (non-trade) - we do have a trade account as J.Russell FA - so in accordance with the forum rules could people please use this account rather than Julie - both do get to me.

    Also

    The Company is J. Russell F/A Ltd - nothing to do with any company called F Anderson (F/A = FireArms by the way)

    I will also post via the trade account for reference

    Julie
    Posted via trade account - please use this one for compliance with site rules

    Julie & Tony

Similar Threads

  1. RFD in South East Scotland (Lothian/Borders)
    By bewsher500 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 18-12-2013, 21:23
  2. Big thank you to Jelen Deer Services RFD
    By 243Sako in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-08-2012, 20:01
  3. New trade Member in Whitburn. West Lothian
    By J.Russell F/A Ltd in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 13:58
  4. Wanted Looking for a AW in the West Lothian Scotland area
    By Hootsman in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-01-2012, 19:45
  5. Anyone tired of the rfd to rfd ripoff?
    By j0e_bl0ggs in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 13-06-2011, 16:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •