Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: buying ammunition without FAC

buying ammunition without FAC

Is it possible to buy ammunition if your FAC is away getting a variation?

Mine has been away a while, and I'm running out (I do have a photocopy though).

yes, depends on RFD and if the Fettes office is open

I bought ammo in Northumberland and they just rang them and checked it was on my ticket

alternatively you should give them a call yourself and get your FAC back. My variation was done in 16 days from drop off to collection.
    who is your FEO?

(or get a friend to buy you some)

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

As I understand someone can give you shotgun ammo but not firearm ammo, without entering it on your cert, I was told this about a month ago by hants.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    As I understand someone can give you shotgun ammo but not firearm ammo, without entering it on your cert, I was told this about a month ago by hants.
    Quite right- all transfers of ammunition should be recorded on your FAC.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

but since the actual ammo batch not recorded no-one could ever know. Just don't get your mate to buy you any more than you said you had when you sent the paperwork in.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

There should be no need for anyone to suggest breaking the law if the firearms departments got their act together and turned around applications in a reasonable period of time say two weeks at most.

Apache where as you are correct I does not seem a good idea to promote it on a open forum, remember just because your paranoid it does not mean there not out to get you.

You can get a temporary permit from the police

Quote Originally Posted by DC .270 View Post
    You can get a temporary permit from the police
    Not for while a certificate is in force and simply away for a variation which should only take a week or so to process.