Thread: Roof Lamp (For Foxing) Opinions

Roof Lamp (For Foxing) Opinions

I think it is time that I take plunge and put a hole in the roof of my L200 and fit a remote handled roof lamp, any suggestions what to go for or avoid?
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

i'd go for a hella. the lightforce lamps are great but that mounting is terrible. it leaks bad and you cant shine it up hill and down hill far enough.

Use the hella and bolt a light force on to it.

Simples

Quote Originally Posted by ELRIG View Post
    i'd go for a hella. the lightforce lamps are great but that mounting is terrible. it leaks bad and you cant shine it up hill and down hill far enough.

....any weblinks?
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

You can get the hella lamp through dingbro motor factors ! Am sure there's one out at sighthill

I tried the hella-lightforce lamp but got problems. The lightforce blitz that Ive got now is great. There is restricted movement up and down but I carry a hand held for these situations

i would need to search for links for you as i've not got any.Any hella dealer should be able to get one for you. The lamp is actually a marine search lamp for boats. Dingbro could be worth trying as it might be a good price from them if you know anybody with account. The hella used to get a bad name for brightness but there's a wider ranger of bulbs available these days. I think the estate was paying around 200 including the vat for one.

Add the word "search" in the seach box on this link and it will take you to the page the lamp is on.
    http://b2c.hella.com/b2c_hella/b2c/init.do?language=en&country=en&shop=truck_enco&sce nario.xcm=truck_enco

http://b2c.hella.com/b2c_assets/imag...20456-012a.jpg
    Last edited by ELRIG; 25-08-2012 at 22:05.

hello i got my hella one from www.ecs-marine-equipment.co.uk and its a through deck cabin search light. it comes with a size 50 bulb but if you change it to a 100 one its alot better. Iv had a couple of these now on my last couple of landrovers and you cant beet them. better to phone to order as you can get a better deal than buying online. Hope this helps.