Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle shoots left

Rifle shoots left

Right guys my rifle always seems to shoot left when i try a new round out. Scope i have is a zeiss duralyt and the turret for direction is a few clicks away from being maxed out right.. Was thinking about putting some electrical tape on the left hand side of the scope mounts to push it right a bit. You guys got any other solutions. Cheers.
    FS25
    Last edited by Fifestalker25; 26-08-2012 at 12:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifestalker25 View Post
    Right guys my rifle always seems to shoot left when i try a new round out. Scope i have is a zeiss duralyt and the turret for direction is a few clicks away from being maxed out right.. Was thinking about putting some electrical tape on the left hand side of the scope mounts to push it right a bit. You guys got any other solutions. Cheers.
    FS25

Mmmm sounds like bases/ ring at fault. What make of rifle mounts do you have. Shimming of any type should be a last resort as it will put undue and unwanted stress on the scope.

Nutty

What rifle and mounts?

get some standard leopold mounts with windage ajustment

Will be interesting to find out what set up you have as a ziess scope used with quality mounts shouldn't be that far out of alignment. There are some exceptions. Some Apel mounts for example have a windage adjustment built in to the bases controlled by two tiny hex head bolts on opposite sides of the base. Tape would probably cause you more problems.

Its an rws 89 .222 zeiss duralyt 3x12x50 on leupold mounts and weaver bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifestalker25 View Post
    Its an rws 89 .222 zeiss duralyt 3x12x50 on leupold mounts and weaver bases.
    I know it shouldnt make a damn but your not using qrw rings? Have you tried starting from scratch? Removing bases, rings re- centering scope. Then remounting, there ids a defo problem and by the sound of it there's a simple soloution. Im free next sun afternoon if you want and weather permitting Ill come up and try to help.

Nutty

The rings are the prw ones and it all got fitted by bush wear. See how it goes i might start from scratch again and thanks for the offer will let you know how i get on.

Just had a look on the weaver site and didnt see bases for a Rws.

Nutty

The bases were already on the gun, bush wear just said they looked like weaver. Cheers