Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Stalking experince..

  1. #1

    Stalking experince..

    hi all, been shooting for a 20 years , but have never experienced stalking, had use of military arms. 12g and hunt with air power. pride myself on feild craft, have own camo. take pics and video of wild deer. but never gone out with a stalker.
    Would any kind member near the plymouth area, like to let me join for a stalk . happy not to pull a trigger, just like to add it to my knowledge base. gladly film it for them as a memento.
    regards Greg.

  2. #2

    members

    i cant belive at 80 veiws no 1 has said anything not even a "! get stuffed".
    i aint that scary ...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stickout. View Post
    i cant belive at 80 veiws no 1 has said anything not even a "! get stuffed".
    i aint that scary ...
    Opinions will vary widely, but I suspect a lot of folk will find your request 'odd'. If you want to experience stalking, pay for a day and go and stalk somewhere. I can't recall ever going out and just 'watching'. Regards JCS

  4. #4
    i do not hold a fac ticket there for iam not legally allowed to shot and wanting to observe doesn't sound that odd. you must of watched somebody to get you started? or did you wake up one morning and go iam a deer stalker today? thanks for the reply. Greg

  5. #5
    hi mate cant help you out but you dont need an fac to go deerstalking with a guide under the estate rifle rules you can try it and see if its for you . this will also put you in good stead if you find it is for you and you go ahead with an fac application, atb wayne

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Opinions will vary widely, but I suspect a lot of folk will find your request 'odd'. If you want to experience stalking, pay for a day and go and stalk somewhere. I can't recall ever going out and just 'watching'. Regards JCS


    You came out and just watched me {perform my magic}

  7. #7
    Read and digest what John and Wayne have told you, the stalking world is a very friendly place but it is like stalking, things happen slowly. I think a little use of the search facility re estate rifle and paid stalks may help you out a little. People need to know exactly what your situation is re shooting, you say you have been shooting for 20 years from that the natural assumption would be you have a FAC, a little more information would help.

    Also stalkers are wary of taking people onto their shooting areas as people in the past have been taken onto land and the gone behind their hosts back, offered big money to the land owner for the sporting rights to the land and effectively stolen the ground. So have a little patience, do a little research and maybe re think your situation.

    John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Read and digest what John and Wayne have told you, the stalking world is a very friendly place but it is like stalking, things happen slowly. I think a little use of the search facility re estate rifle and paid stalks may help you out a little. People need to know exactly what your situation is re shooting, you say you have been shooting for 20 years from that the natural assumption would be you have a FAC, a little more information would help.



    Also stalkers are wary of taking people onto their shooting areas as people in the past have been taken onto land and the gone behind their hosts back, offered big money to the land owner for the sporting rights to the land and effectively stolen the ground. So have a little patience, do a little research and maybe re think your situation.

    John
    John. Ive only ever needed air power. as i live in a crap little flat in a dodgy area of plymouth having that much fire power around here would be an instant invite to the yobs. yes Ive been shooting for a long time, did 8 years in army cadets 6 of those as a junior instructor teaching cadets the things they needed to do well in it , and shooting all military hardware available to us, Ive shot 12g for around 6 years every weekend after woodies and game birds. using the ruling that a shotgun cert holder can instruct somebody else from a safe distance using his ticket only and his gun. Iam not after any land as Iam lucky enough to shot my own shoots total 2000 acres. Iam just after the experience of learning from a stalker, Iam not after shooting them just the knowledge of the stalk, and would never dream of taking some body's shoot Ive had that done to me its not nice.I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE UP STALKING AT THE CURRENT POINT IN MY LIFE. JUST WOULD LIKE TO SHADOW SOMEBODY THAT DOES..Iam happy with my air shooting. maybe from somebody giving me the chance to shadow them they could have the favor returned and come shooting with me. i understand your world is "clicky" and dark and secret. for all the obvious reasons. but let a fellow hunter in knowledge is the greatest gift you can give and receive in this world . i didn't have any body to teach me i learned the bloody hard way. with my face in the dirt crawling on my belly to get the rabbit in the bag. as i dont want to pull the trigger paying to shot 1 is not what Iam after. its a bit like not having a driving license but buying a car, pointless.hope this helps.

  9. #9
    this is the title on this forum for these pages>>
    Forum: Deer Stalking Opportunities

    Deer stalking available, swap a stalk or seeking stalking or witnessing.


    and the last word is just what i would like to do..

  10. #10
    I started 32 years ago after selling A TV to a forestry commision stalker, we spoke about rifles and shotguns in my shop,and he asked if I would like to see some deer. Two weeks later I saw and took a picture of a roe doe, and was hooked from that moment with the beauty of the young doe tiptoeing through some brambles. Charlie went on to become my stalking mentor, one of my longest firm friends, and best man at my 2nd wedding, the only time he's ever let me down. It's not a major thing this guy is asking, just to go out with someone and observe, and film it for both of them, must be someone out there with some human kindness to let him see what our passion is, and sample it as well. deerwarden

Similar Threads

  1. Available Stalking Skills Training Day with Stalking School in Moray
    By Moray Outfitting in forum Training Courses and Materials
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-08-2012, 12:47
  2. Stalking equipment for hill stalking
    By Hales Smut in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-11-2011, 17:06
  3. Wanted Stalking lease in Scotland and/or stalking work.
    By Kiwikeeper in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27-11-2009, 12:12
  4. Wanted Stalking lease in Scotland and/or stalking work.
    By widows son in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-11-2009, 09:42
  5. Stalking Prize Draw - Stalking in the Scottish Borders
    By admin in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-10-2007, 11:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •