Wanted: Helping out in South Yorkshire

Hey All,

Just moved to South Yorks and I am looking to see if anyone knows of any farmers that need a deer manager or any deer managers themselves that could use an extra hand. I am very flexible for both distance and time (I live in the outskirts of Sheffield). I have been shooting for a couple of years and have my own guns so that isn't a problem. Just hoping for a bit of good luck :)

Thanks

Hey All,

Just moved to South Yorks and I am looking to see if anyone knows of any farmers that need a deer manager or any deer managers themselves that could use an extra hand. I am very flexible for both distance and time (I live in the outskirts of Sheffield). I have been shooting for a couple of years and have my own guns so that isn't a problem. Just hoping for a bit of good luck :)

Thanks
I dont wish to urinate on your bonfire mate, but the chances of finding what you are looking for in S Yorks is about as likely as me becoming prime minister, (ok lads I hear the shouts Hornet for pm) my advice would be stick to what you are doing now mate and enjoy, you are in prob the worst county in E ngland for what you seek, sorry mate but have to give it you straight.

Hornet, have to agree, I live in Chesterfield and there are very few deer in the Sheffield area, some Reds on the moors in Derbyshire but all on Peak Park land, more chance winning the lottery than getting shooting on that..... One or two wild Fallow in Derbyshire too, but seems to be pretty much stitched up.

Roe are creeping into Derbyshire slowly but need a few more years to establish themselves.

There seem to be a few Roe to the east of Doncaster, might be worth a try there. If you need a partner if you come across any let me know.

Good luck.

there are plenty of deer in sheffield but most farmers just do not want them shooting. my permission has deer on it but carnt shoot them same with the surrounding farms. i,ve got red roe,and muntjac(i,ve not seen the muntjac but the farmer has).
stav

Hornet, have to agree, I live in Chesterfield and there are very few deer in the Sheffield area, some Reds on the moors in Derbyshire but all on Peak Park land, more chance winning the lottery than getting shooting on that..... One or two wild Fallow in Derbyshire too, but seems to be pretty much stitched up.

Roe are creeping into Derbyshire slowly but need a few more years to establish themselves.

There seem to be a few Roe to the east of Doncaster, might be worth a try there. If you need a partner if you come across any let me know.

Good luck.

I live within a few miles of you. There are indeed reds on peak park land. They are the descendants of and escapees from Chatsworth and a deer farm in Barlow. It's frustrating when I head off to Scotland and drive across the Peak Park to see reds within minutes of leaving my home. A relative of mine saw a red hind run across the A61 Dronfield bypass this year. This is almost certainly an escapee from the red deer farm in Barlow.

There are roe deer around Chesterfield and fairly recently a muntjac was involved in a RTC in Dronfield. Roe deer are in Sheffield. In fact, they have been recorded very close to Hillsborough football stadium along the banks of the river don. Just 10 minutes drive from my office.

But yeah, getting permission in this part of the world is nigh on impossible.

Last edited:
i live north sheffield and my yard is 1/2 mile from swfc and there is roe round there. i saw a roe rta on dronfield bypass a couple of weeks ago. the woods and forest where i live is full of them and locals think i,m joking when i tell them there is deer in there. but as i carnt shoot them i either video or photo them just too test my stalking skills.
stav
I live within a few miles of you. There are indeed reds on peak park land. They are the descendants of and escapees from Chatsworth and a deer farm in Barlow. It's frustrating when I head off to Scotland and drive across the Peak Park to see reds within minutes of leaving my home. A relative of mine saw a red hind run across the A61 Dronfield bypass this year. This is almost certainly an escapee from the red deer farm in Barlow.

There are roe deer around Chesterfield and fairly recently a muntjac was involved in a RTC in Dronfield. Roe deer are in Sheffield. In fact, they have been recorded very close to Hillsborough football stadium along the banks of the river don. Just 10 minutes drive from my office.

But yeah, getting permission in this part of the world is nigh on impossible.

Loads of deer round Rotherham. My bro is always putting them up. always moving between common and private land.

Back