Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rifle recomendations in 243

rifle recomendations in 243

good morning ,looking round for a 243 for deer/foxing & a bit of range work . i am after a bit of advice pros& cons between steyr pro hunter moutain and a remington 700 any thoughts on these 2 would be greatly appreciated, many thanks ian

can I throw a cat amongst the pigeons and suggest the new Sako A7 if your budget allows - http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/534...alue_ever.html

I love my Remington 700 SPS DM in .243, its light, accurate and very easy to get on with so couldn't recommend it enough lol

Personal response: sako if you can afford one, tikka if you cannot.

However, your best bet is to choose something that you feel comfortable with and can afford as it is you that is going to be shooting with it.

of course, here comes the next 5000 members with Tikka T3 bashing until the OP is endoctrinated as another lamb of the great almighty T3 god and drinks the blood of the unholy swine....

in fact, I think the OP should go Steyr, just to be an individual and have an actual ability to make a personal decision and assert will power. Why not go Remmy,,,well, would you buy a Ford or Vauxhall and then replace all the body parts and re-build the engine before it's even done it's first 100 miles?,,,well, some would, they tend to wear fake burberry and speak with funny accents, usually getting in your face for reportedly checking out their 14 yr old pregnant (smoking a rolly) girlfriend who's also walking the staffordshire...they also tend to believe that their spiced up Nova's will outperform a BMW M3 on standard spec.

rant over, now back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ian1 View Post
    good morning ,looking round for a 243 for deer/foxing & a bit of range work . i am after a bit of advice pros& cons between steyr pro hunter moutain and a remington 700 any thoughts on these 2 would be greatly appreciated, many thanks ian
    What's your budget Ian? Maximum price you are prepared to pay...

personally I'd look in the sale section there is a very nice unique one in there,

I've a 700 in .223 bought with all that PKL mentioned done and it shoots very well, but buying new then spending up to sako money to buy the new bits is slightly mad.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    of course, here comes the next 5000 members with Tikka T3 bashing until the OP is endoctrinated as another lamb of the great almighty T3 god and drinks the blood of the unholy swine....

in fact, I think the OP should go Steyr, just to be an individual and have an actual ability to make a personal decision and assert will power. Why not go Remmy,,,well, would you buy a Ford or Vauxhall and then replace all the body parts and re-build the engine before it's even done it's first 100 miles?,,,well, some would, they tend to wear fake burberry and speak with funny accents, usually getting in your face for reportedly checking out their 14 yr old pregnant (smoking a rolly) girlfriend who's also walking the staffordshire...they also tend to believe that their spiced up Nova's will outperform a BMW M3 on standard spec.

rant over, now back to work.
    PKL,

The tikka is by no means the perfect rifle, but it was what i could afford at the time. I have since restocked it and had the trigger done and am now happy wih it.

of course and only fair to you - just having a bit of a laugh since every time on the SD someone asks for advice on what to buy, the masses jump in with nothing but posts saying either "T3" and/or followed by "+1"

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
    PKL,

The tikka is by no means the perfect rifle, but it was what i could afford at the time. I have since restocked it and had the trigger done and am now happy wih it.

if you get the stiyer and later want to change stock etc you will find very few after market parts for it and changing barrel when you ware it out is near on imposable as stiyer is press fit remington as stated every part can be replaced to customise to your speck and every gun smith knows them inside out tikka good gun shoots right out of the box get a t3 super varmint will do all you want ajustable stock hevey barrel 5shot mag weaver rail as standard good trigger under 1inch at 100yards no problem just get a tikka