Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taclight

Taclight

Anyone useing a taclight ? this small torch can be attached to your scope and is as powerful as a plug in lamp, or so they they. If anyone has got one or has used one i would love to know as this sounds most interesting and would certainly buy one if it does what it says on the tin.

I use cree lamps a lot now but still use a light force 170 to spotting but the only thing I can suggest is give one a try, I bought direct from China which saved a lot of money, here's a link of what I use and where I bought from, hope this helps

http://www.lightmalls.com/uniquefire-hs-802-cree-green-light-long-range-led-flashlight-1-18650

$27.5 | Good For Hunting!UniqueFire HS-802 Cree Red light Long range Led Flashlight(1*18650) Worldwide Free Shipping!!!
    Last edited by Rotwild; 30-08-2012 at 08:05.
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

I have just got one and i'm most impressed with it. The normal white bulb is very bright and focuses to a small area. Brighter than my Lightforce 170. Tuesday night I went foxing with it using the red LED bulb and although it was not the darkest of nights I'd say it was about the same brightness as the lightforce with the red filter on.

Cheers

Andy

I have an Olight M20S Warrior (R5) Tactical Torch which is very similar - use it on a .22LR for bunnies with a remote switch. Seems superb for that and for walking dogs in the dark. Amazing brightness - can spot my dogs at well over 200 yards although they are white springers, so that may be cheating - their eyes glow well too though, variability is good and battery life seems more than adequate. Got mine from Tony at taclight.co.uk - Only real downside I have found is the name...

Force64 does it give a wide beam like what you would get from a normal lamp or is it a small spot ? Can the beam be adjusted ? Does it come with different colour bulbs and have you used a filter with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck270 View Post
    Anyone useing a taclight ? this small torch can be attached to your scope and is as powerful as a plug in lamp, or so they they. If anyone has got one or has used one i would love to know as this sounds most interesting and would certainly buy one if it does what it says on the tin.
    Evening roebuck,if you pop over to airgunbbs there is a long thread running about this torch with some video and picturesIt is posted in the firearms section.I too am thinking about getting one to replace the sattelite dish i have at the moment on my lamping gun.
    All the best
    dave

I'm waiting for the next batch of IR LEDs to arrive then one will be mine.

Been using a clulite masterlight for some time now, bit overpriced but at least you can get spares. Beam is very tight and when you use it scope mounted you tend to have to swing the rifle about a bit more than you'd like to, the colour temperature is also pretty cool and this tends to make things look a bit flat and two dimensional, however with the red flipup filter attached this is the best one man rabbit/close range fox outfit I've ever used.

Roebuck270

Bram is narrow and defined spot as opposed to more of a broad light with the lightforce. the beam is also more of a true red rather than a washed out red. Beam can't really be adjusted.

Different bulbs can be fitted. I have the white and red and will order the infrared. Look on the bbs for comments.

Andy

Andy

Cheers guys, sounds like this could be a good buy, think im gonna have to get one and give it a go myself