Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Branding hype

Branding hype

No not about stalking or shooting per se but the branding hype that seems to have gripped the UK for several decades . What brought this to mine for me was that this morning I got to drive what most would see as a great quality car and I was left distinctly un-impressed by it.

The car in question is an Audi A6 Quattro Automatic of 95 vintage with 131k on the clock. The ride was fine but the car was noisey .................................................. ... road noise and the car had loads of rattles of trim and squeaks. The wind noise might be cured with new glass seals and runners that is if Audi would supply and it seems getting some bits is a problem. Ahhh oh yes the throttle pedal felt un attached and very remote.

In fact all in all the old Vauxhall Frontera was quieter to drive even the road noise was less and seeing as how it has block tread tyres on the front at least in theory it should have been noisier.

Yet tell this to those who praise Audi and their German heritage and they will not believe you............................................... . brain washed or what?

In fact it struck me just who well slick advertising can sway some folks ann as I said to Dad when I got home after the drive in it whom ever parted with all that cash those years ago for this car got well and truly ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    No not about stalking or shooting per se but the branding hype that seems to have gripped the UK for several decades . What brought this to mine for me was that this morning I got to drive what most would see as a great quality car and I was left distinctly un-impressed by it.

The car in question is an Audi A6 Quattro Automatic of 95 vintage with 131k on the clock. The ride was fine but the car was noisey .................................................. ... road noise and the car had loads of rattles of trim and squeaks. The wind noise might be cured with new glass seals and runners that is if Audi would supply and it seems getting some bits is a problem. Ahhh oh yes the throttle pedal felt un attached and very remote.

In fact all in all the old Vauxhall Frontera was quieter to drive even the road noise was less and seeing as how it has block tread tyres on the front at least in theory it should have been noisier.

Yet tell this to those who praise Audi and their German heritage and they will not believe you............................................... . brain washed or what?

In fact it struck me just who well slick advertising can sway some folks ann as I said to Dad when I got home after the drive in it whom ever parted with all that cash those years ago for this car got well and truly ripped off.
    We had a Audi allroad tdi and was by far the worst car I have ever owned and driven but we were told by the dealer that they would suit our needs great off and on road we were told let me assure you it was neither of these we sold it about a year after best thing we ever done getting rid of it an absolute shocker

131k on the clock and 17 years old. What were you really expecting? ;-)

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    131k on the clock and 17 years old. What were you really expecting? ;-)
    Initially my thoughts Kev, and when did you last see a throttle cable?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Lol....some people really do expect miracles. Pay f**k all, that's exactly what you get.

The answer is obvious - get a Morris Marina. Should fit in with your world view...
    Last edited by Claret_Dabbler; 30-08-2012 at 19:36.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Best car I ever owned was my S4 Avant - Until it got T-boned in West London

Far better than my BM's, Merc's or the current Navara.

Mike

Have to say my Audi S8 was a good car.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Knackered old rust bucket isn't the last word in luxury. Shock horror.

My A6 was a great car, service from Audi was simply the best, windscreen wipers cheaper than halfords,windscreen wiper motor packs up on a Saturday 9am fixed by 11.30am 1hrs labour +parts, all work carried out with pre set price no crap about o this broke that also needed doing, try that at vauxhall, yes I have owned a vauxhall but never again.