Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HWV info please

HWV info please

Hi Lads & Lasses,
    I am thinking of getting in a HWV pup, i have owned a GWP before who was a cracking dog, i then went onto Labs and Spaniels as i was doing more Syndicate shooting.
    I still shoot on my small syndicate shoot as well as alot of Rough shooting, but i also now have the chance of some Stalking.
    I am down to one Lab and think its the right time to bring in a pup, my GWP was a good dog but i think a HWV would be better suited when i am game shooting, i know people probably think i should stick to Labs and Springers (which i do like) but i also like that bit different, if you know what i mean.

I like a dog that will also get into the thick cover when needed, which strains of HWV are most suited to hard hunting.
    I also like the tighter coated strains, can anyone advice on the best lines and possible breeders please.

ATB
    Dave.

Where are you based?
    Atb Steve

Read the HWV threads on here full of advice
    Wf1

Yeh the info on here is better than most HPR / Gundog forums, thats what i want is info of Lads that really work them, not just the wannabees and show folk.
    I am at Teesdale in Co Durham, work the dogs mainly on the upper Teesdale fells, but also do abit on lowland woods and Farmland.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Gonegos line bred by Roy Bebbington is highly respected by working dog owners in many disciplines. True wire coats. Google him he will pop up all over the place.

+1 for Roy if your at the top end of the country

Zoldmali Kennels from Hungry.

Regards

DavieH

+1 for Zoldmali
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

http://www.vizsla-dsh.com/

French breeder with excellent reputation and close to the tunnel. Probably the most rewarded French kennel in Field Trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    http://www.vizsla-dsh.com/

French breeder with excellent reputation and close to the tunnel. Probably the most rewarded French kennel in Field Trials.
    Just interested can they dock in France
    Fw1