Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Im selling up, its time to hang my knife up.

Im selling up, its time to hang my knife up.

After some serious thought Ive decided to sell up to give more time to other commitments. About xmas I seemed to loose someting in my love of shooting! It started at xmas when I last was out at the geese after a succesful morning decoying 3 geese for 4 shots I packed up went home unpacked the Jeep and looked at the 3 geese lying in the back and thought F@@K Ive got to deal with these now! I breasted 1 and gave the other 2 away it was a chore to breast to do that to 1 bird. That was that no more will I shoot geese ever. A few weeks ago I decided to sell my rifle to free up time, but then decided to get another! Now whilst still waiting for my variation and recieving the rifle Ive decided enough is enough. Last friday me and Tahr went up our permission, Tahr shot a buck within 5 mins of arriving, we found the beast kev done the gralloch. I stood watched and spewed my guts up!!!!!!! Kev then offered my the beast for the freezer as he has a fair bit already and blow me the same thought went through my mind as with the Geese F@@K that I dont want to deal with it!! And that was that my fun in the field is over.

I will be listing all I have over the next few days at throw away prices inc my new rifle that I havnt even got yet. The money isnt the reason its spent and gone.

At this time I would like to thanks all the friends and other people who Ive had the pleasure meeting and speaking to. Also to the other people who have helped me with any questions, problems etc. And to all my fellow sportsmen all the best in their chosen pursuit whilst it be punching holes in paper, varmint shooting or stalking. At times we have had differences but 99.9% these have been put behind us, and thats what the sport and life is about.

I wish each and all the very very best and a huge thanks for being able to part of such a special and unique group of comrades, long live your passion.

NUTTY

Sorry to hear about your decision, it must of been a tough time.

All the best for whatever you do in the future.

Best wishes

Jonathon

We spoke over the phone a few weeks back and I know you where contemplating a change and wanted to spend more time with your family.

I wish you and your family all the very best for the future. Take care and maybe we will bump into each other one day when I am passing through and on my way up to the highlands

All the best

Sikamalc

Big decision to make ,Good luck and all the best for the future.

Davie
    John i am gutted that you have chosen to do this i cant even come close to imaganing my life with out deer. But it is your choice and i respect that and hope you find your holy grail some were else.

ALL THE BEST LONGSHOT

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    We spoke over the phone a few weeks back and I know you where contemplating a change and wanted to spend more time with your family.

I wish you and your family all the very best for the future. Take care and maybe we will bump into each other one day when I am passing through and on my way up to the highlands

All the best

Sikamalc
    You will always be welcome and thanks for all you have done. 1 of my regrets is Ive got is not taking your kind offers up and not meeting you.

All he best and good luck for the future.

Dave

Sometimes a break is a good thing, all the best for the future!

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Davie
    John i am gutted that you have chosen to do this i cant even come close to imaganing my life with out deer. But it is your choice and i respect that and hope you find your holy grail some were else.

ALL THE BEST LONGSHOT
    Ive found my holy grail 15 years ago mate! My wife she has always stood by me no matter what I done or didn't. 10 years ago I played the pipes at the top level I then retired after not being able to fulfill a child hood dream! With you being scottish and from this neck of the woods you should understand this next sentence!! Shotts amd Dykehead chapped my door and offered me a chance to join and compete with them, I jumped at the chance to play with 1 of the worlds top pipe bands! I went to my work and asked for a tues and thurs early shift to allow me to get a practise, that was all that was required, but no quarentee that I was getting to compete, but f@@k me my holy grail was there. My work told me no they couldny gaurentee these shifts!! I came home n said F@@k it sold my pipes n retired!! Ive now taken the pipes back up n part of my life that I didnt think I missed has returned. I am really looking forward to the rest of my life with my wife my pipes and my fishing and generally chilling with friends. There are other reasons which have made my decision easier e.g. my firearms dept and my 1 2 1 Ive got in at present. But hey ho Im confident in my decision. And tell the baldy bugger that Ive no seen for a year or 2 whats happening!!

take care and try not to wind to many people up!!!

john

Best of luck nuttyspaniel. Remember that goat skin requires constant care with whisky fumes. You will have to pm me your name so I can watch the competition names as when I was at Uni stayed in Bank Street and the college of piping was down in the next. Used to listen.
    morena