Thread: You seriously couldn't make this up Pt II......

You seriously couldn't make this up Pt II......

I will make this as succinct as possible but I left my handmade knife on the back bumper of the feckin' truck,but this time it didn't have a strap so it is now officially history!! I really loved that knife and you know what it's like when you get used to a knife,and I'd had it probably 5 yrs,and it was like a razor,01 tool steel and made by JES. I feel bereaved to be honest,here is a pic of her..........

A very sad Martin

Oh sh*t mate!
    Worth having a look for it where you saw it last?

Daz
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Sorry to hear that, Martin. It's always a kick in the orchestra's when you lose a trusted bit of kit. Dougster, just down the road from you in Chippenham, makes some good knives if you are going to replace it with another custom made one.

Have a look on Customknife.co.uk you could treat yourself to an Alan Wood creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Martin. It's always a kick in the orchestra's when you lose a trusted bit of kit. Dougster, just down the road from you in Chippenham, makes some good knives if you are going to replace it with another custom made one.
    I have sent JES an email to see if he will make me a replica.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    Have a look on Customknife.co.uk you could treat yourself to an Alan Wood creation.
    I know I might be the only person in the hunting world,but I am not really keen on Alans' knives,don't get me wrong they are pieces of art,but not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DazT View Post
    Oh sh*t mate!
    Daz
    Been there done that!

Martin

Not a custom knife, but somewhat dear to me, was a Marine Corps KABAR that I had used for utility and defense for some years. As an impulse, I put it in a pouch on the back lashed to my off-road bike when I went into the mountains last weekend. After negotiating some rough trails and then a couple of rocky creek bottoms, I stopped to pour the water from my boots and the knife was gone. No point in backtracking. I hop that someone finds it and appreciates it.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by DazT View Post
    Oh sh*t mate!

Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post

Been there done that!

Martin
    ..which is why my current (3rd ) swing blade is now the one with the bright orange handle.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).