Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer found in tree.

Deer found in tree.

I forward this for concideration. I could be me but a half eaten deer in a tree is quite obviously a Leopard!! Or have I been reading too much Jim Corbett!
    J

mutilated Ayr deer hanging - Daily Record

1+ poachers got disturbed, otherwise very savvy leopard to hang it like that.!!

D

It's amazing how the media manage to dramatise everything.

There cant be many guys out there brave enough or stupid enough to try & hang a live roe deer that far up a tree to "mutilate it" - is there?
    The thing would be kicking & flailing like hell, you'd be in a bigger mess that it was by the time you'd got it hung.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

It was 'BARRY'!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

looks like they knew to hang a deer when gralloching, they probably planned to joint and butcher right there on the spot tbh. the fact that it was hanging from branches like we sometimes do when we gralloch in the field makes me wonder about the expertise behind the act....was it indeed an experienced stalker being a bit naughty on a neighbours field???

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    It was 'BARRY'!
    I'm going to have to write up the whole "Barry" story with full orchestration and five part harmonies exactly as it happened arn't I??

Dont forget the windscreen wiper blades!

Are we building this up or wot!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

9ft up!

bloody tall poachers if they intended to gralloch it that high...if it was indeed that high..

I note with interest other such topics that the Daily Record links to further down the page such as:

Are Female City Cyclists' Vulvas At Risk?

well I would hang a deer with the top of the hind legs well above my head so I had the main cavity around my head/chest working height, and if the legs were not cut the actual top of the hind legs could well be near 9',,plus, the media always over exaggerate!

I reckon some silly f*cker just forgot his knife - probably poachers coursing, or a poacher just shot it then fluffed the gralloch