Thread: My First Deer

My First Deer

Wow Im off the mark!

Today I started my deerstalking acccount with a fine pricket.I met my guide and thirty minutes in the deed was done. Having stumbled on a herd of forty plus deer we managed to find the only young buck among them. Waiting for around fifteen minutes they started to move in different directions, my buck among a small group of around ten. Around 100 yards out he presented me with a full broadside shot. Richard told me to ready myself. The deer was in my sights walking at a slow pace. He called an alarm, the pricket froze the trigger pulled and he dropped on the spot. "He's Dead" I was informed.
    Wow the longest few seconds of my life! Everything I learned finally put in to practice. My heart was thumping like a drum at what had just happened,my first deer!

Regards to all Steve

Re: My First Deer

Quote Originally Posted by Bordersman
    Wow Im off the mark!

Today I started my deerstalking acccount with a fine pricket.I met my guide and thirty minutes in the deed was done. Having stumbled on a herd of forty plus deer we managed to find the only young buck among them. Waiting for around fifteen minutes they started to move in different directions, my buck among a small group of around ten. Around 100 yards out he presented me with a full broadside shot. Richard told me to ready myself. The deer was in my sights walking at a slow pace. He called an alarm, the pricket froze the trigger pulled and he dropped on the spot. "He's Dead" I was informed.
    Wow the longest few seconds of my life! Everything I learned finally put in to practice. My heart was thumping like a drum at what had just happened,my first deer!

Regards to all Steve
    Well done bud you will never forget your 1st beast. No trophy beast will replace that memory.

nutty

Well done

Hiya

Well done mate - do you have any photo's?

Cheers

Daemon

first deer

Nice one bordersman I know how you feel had mine a little while back also a pricket regards,,tone.

Hi chap
    That is one you will remember all your life.I can still see the first one i shot as if it was yesterday.
    Well done and may there be many many more
    Thanks
    Cam.

Nice one mate.

Jonathon

Well done Bordersman, as others have said, you'll remember this one for ever. I wish you many more successful stalks (most won't come in 15 minutes )
    Cheers, Pete.

Welcome to the world of Deer stalking! You'll always remember your first kill. I really enjoy waiting for a shot to present itself. You never quite know if you will get the chance to pull the trigger or if they will wander off without presenting themselves in a suitable position. Either way it is great just to watch them.

I spend many hours watching Deer through the scope of my HMR when I'm out after bunnies. To me a crosshair on the heart of a good specimen is as good as actually taking the shot sometimes. I have a lot of Deer on all my ground, but not all land owners want them shot.

Re: Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Daemo
    Hiya

Well done mate - do you have any photo's?

Cheers

Daemon

[img][/img]

Well done on your first hopfully not your last,nice pic go on you can smile
    Keep up the hard work
    all the best
    Amberdog
    ps i can still remember my first how could i forget it was shot at Fannys burn