Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .17hmr

.17hmr

I recently set up the scope on my cz 17HMR at 75 yards just because a handy round bail of straw gave a good backstop.That night on fresh cultivated {you could see bullet strike] ground found that the rifle was shooting over the top on rabbits at 150 yards.Did the fact that we were shooting from a higher position ie back of pickup cause this as it was still accurate at 30/90 yards.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    re-zero at 35 yards,and take the time to get it shooting bullet on bullet at this distance,

this will give you a aim on and pull the trigger all the way out to 125 yards,

point and shoot,

simples.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    re-zero at 35 yards,and take the time to get it shooting bullet on bullet at this distance,

point and shoot,

bob.
    That's good advice, I will try it myself
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post

point and shoot,

simples.

bob.
    It does work that's what I done with mine may have even been you who mentioned it before and i went and tried it ,a great flat shooting round for pest control......

Thank you for advice will try it.

it is possible to balls it up when you use the first light of sight crossing point. (i.e the 35yd point)

I managed to do this on my air rifle and was left shooting way high at long range

zero at the range you intend to shoot

With all jew respect rabbits ect are not always at the same range.i zero my .22 rimfire at 60 yards everyting out 100 i just point an fire.iv head shot foxes out to 130 no bother just lifting my point of aim slighty.

Quote Originally Posted by kev.rem700 View Post
    With all jew respect rabbits ect are not always at the same range.i zero my .22 rimfire at 60 yards everyting out 100 i just point an fire.iv head shot foxes out to 130 no bother just lifting my point of aim slighty.
    I respect all religions.... even the one's that shoot foxes at 130yds with a .22rf
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I respect all religions.... even the one's that shoot foxes at 130yds with a .22rf
    Haha

So u say it cant be done.u would think 130 is miles away.