Thread: Jvla dum Dansk jgare

Jvla dum Dansk jgare

I heard on the radio this morning that a Danish hunter who was out for boar hunting had shot a Highland bull that he thought was a wild boar. This happened in the county of Smland.
    We had a laugh about it at work and the thing that every one said was, jvla dum dansk jgare.

Whilst we had a good laugh about it there is a very serious side to it. The police will charge him with a serious hunting crime. No doubt he will go back to Demark without his weapon and have to come back to Sweden for the court case. Looks like it will cost him dear. The owner of the bull owned the hunting ground. As people from Smland are known for their very short arms and very deep pockets now doubt he will be paying full price for replaceing the bull, plus some.

As stalkers from the UK will be travelling to Sweden for lgjakt its best to make sure what you can shoot and not shoot. Hunting law can be very harsh in Sweden if you transgress . Shoot a wolf and go strait to prison. There are many things that may not seen a big deal by UK standards But could cost you dear if you fukc up.
    On a organised hunt you should be given the dos and donts in printed form. If its verbal make sure you understand what to shoot.
    Things you cant shoot in Sweden, Wolf, wolverine, Lynx, bear, musk ox and whilst there are loads of reindeer wandering around in the northern part of Sweden they are not wild and you cant shoot them A limited number of Lynx and bear can be shot under licence hunting. But unless you are on a bear ,lynx hunt this is a no no.
    Happy Hunting.

I'll make a Danish reply by proxy - my former shooting partner was Danish.

After an intensive shoot lunch two Swedish hunters were making their way to their positions in a somewhat 'tired & emotional' condition.

In his befuddled state Johansson thought he had spotted the biggest Alg he had ever seen and, even though he could scarcely focus, managed to let off two rounds into the engine room. The problem was that it was the engine he hit - of a John Deere tractor.

The startled driver leapt from the rear of the cab, and fearing for his life started crawling along the ploughed furrows away from the vehicle.

Not to be outdone Abrahamsson, although swaying around like a spinning top running out of steam, lifted his rifle and shouted, "You got it, now leave the calf to me".

I think I have a basic understanding of the Swedish v Danish rivalry.

I've seen cows in Pennsylvania with the word 'Cow' painted on their sides. Plainly the farmers had endured enough of over-enthusiastic hunters with not the brains to identify their target correctly when their deer hunting season gets going.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Good post Jagare, but to be honest any hunter should be well aware of the law and his intended quarry wherever he is in the world. Nor should he pull the trigger unless absolutely certain of what he's shooting. Shooting any species here in the UK would cause problems for the hunter if caught.

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    I've seen cows in Pennsylvania with the word 'Cow' painted on their sides. .
    awesome!
    Only in America

" not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that a Danish hunter who was out for boar hunting had shot a Highland bull that he thought was a wild boar. This happened in the county of Smland.
    We had a laugh about it at work and the thing that every one said was, jvla dum dansk jgare.

I was told that quite a few years ago 2 german hunters in Sweden trying to shoot their first elk shot one at last light but could not find it. They told the local farmer but had to go back to Germany themselves that night.

The farmer was more than a little surprised to find a dead cow next morning.

After this episode exams were made obligatory for foreigners.

Is your story a rerun?

No rerun Georges, A 100% true story on the news this morning. I bet the first thing he thought was how quick he could bury it.
    Orion, I won't even go into the Norsk hunters who were on a driven pheasant shoot last year. Me and the dog were afeared.