Thread: Sako Varminter HB .308 complete with 8-32 X 50mm scope.

Sako Varminter HB .308 complete with 8-32 X 50mm scope.

This fine Sako .308 Winchester rifle is a one-holer and has had very little use.
    It has a polished walnut stock with only a very minor mark or two upon it.
    The barrel is black and fully floated. It has the Sako set-trigger unit fitted and there is a new spare standard trigger unit also.
    The scope is a Besonder Optisch `Generation 5`, 8-32 X 50mm with an extended sunshield. [removeable.]
    It has target type turrets with eighth-of-an-inch clicks at 100 yards and side parrallax adjustment.
    The reticle is a mil-dot type with variable red illumination if required.

With it is an RCBS 2 die set and a separate Lyman seater die so that different bullet weights can be fitted without altering the other. Much brass by Lapua, Winchester etc included also about 130 loaded bullets.
    Also a wide sling and a Gun Guard hard plastic, snug fitting case.

There will also be cards and loading information appertaining to this fine piece.

The price is now reduced to 1200 as I have sold some ammo and the spare trigger unit to another gent.

HWH.

Card below shot last August by me whilst 78 and only partially sighted. Oh for youth and a pair of good eyes !
    Last edited by stag1933; 02-09-2012 at 10:18. Reason: alterations

Another card shot this year in a DMQ type shooting competition at various distances and positions.
    HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    This fine Sako .308 Winchester rifle is a one-holer and has had very little use.
    It has a polished walnut stock with only a very minor mark or two upon it.
    The barrel is black and fully floated. It has the Sako set-trigger unit fitted and there is a new spare standard trigger unit also.
    The scope is a Besonder Optisch `Generation 5`, 8-32 X 50mm with an extended sunshield. [removeable.]
    It has target type turrets with eighth-of-an-inch clicks at 100 yards and side parrallax adjustment.
    The reticle is a mil-dot type with variable red illumination if required.

With it is an RCBS 2 die set and a separate Lyman seater die so that different bullet weights can be fitted without altering the other.

There will also be cards and loading information appertaining to this fine piece.

1400 .

HWH.

Card below shot last August by me whilst 78 and only partially sighted. Oh for youth and a pair of good eyes !
    Well done Stag it seems there is still plenty of good shooting left in us older ones.

Kind regards Jimbo

Jimbo.
    Thanks, unfortunately arthritis in my shoulders is giving me hell also. Probably caused by over 50 years dragging Reds off stoney mountains where no quad bike could go.
    I have organised the purchase of a much lighter rifle than the Sako .308 but in .243 cal.
    Hopefully it will be a good shooter and easier on my old bones.

Regards, HWH.