Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gutted! dinged my newly cut crown!

gutted! dinged my newly cut crown!

its right on the outside edge and very small but i feel it is like an axe wound at the moment!

will have to wait and see if it makes any difference!

Sorry to hear about that lad hopefully the gun will be no worse for it, did it myself a few years ago it annoyed the heck out of me but the gun still shot just fine fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    its right on the outside edge and very small but i feel it is like an axe wound at the moment!

will have to wait and see if it makes any difference!
    Edge of the bore or the barrel? If the barrel, just shoot it.~Muir

no its the lesser of two evils.
    right on the edge of the barrel, just barely protrudes into the crown itself

Doesn't look enough to affect mounting the mod, & I reckon too far away from the bore's exit, from the pic posted, just try a few zeroing shots?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

no, mod and crown/thread protector fit perfectly (should have left the fecking thing on obviously!)
    doubt it will be an issue, just galling that it was mirror perfect cut a week ago!

IT'S RUINED. POSITIVELY RUINED!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAN! DON'T SHOOT IT! BOX IT UP AND SEND TO TO ME FOR PROPER DISPOSAL!

Seriously, Amigo. Dress up any peened area with a jeweler's fine and forget it. Crowns are there to protect the rifling from that kind of mishap, right?? In that sense, it did it's job perfectly.~Muir

I know but its not shiney and perfect anymore and it makes me want to cry......

...and such damage is the very reason that the baby Jesus invented screw on thread protectors!

Have a good cry & some ice cream & the nice man will make it all better