Thread: A new campaign group

A new campaign group

It occurs to me that most of the laws, rules and regulations that make life difficult for those living in the country, and for shooters in particular, are conceived by a small Guardian reading group of city dwellers. I think therefore the time has come to form a campaign group to make life a little less nice for them. Two ideas I have come up with is a 150% tax on Starbucks drinks and a law requiring all London restaurants to close at 5.30pm. It would be pointless, small-minded, petty and do nothing for the country as a whole, much like the stuff they bring in. My start point, though, would be to campaign to extend the Congestion Charge to cover the whole of London. It would establish our (pseudo) green credentials and be appealing to politicians because of the increased tax take. We should be able to get 100,000 SD e-petition signatures on that one.

Now all we need is a name. I have come up with 'Countryside Users Needling Townies Seriously' but am open to suggestions.
    Better barbarity than boredom

An anti-do gooders group

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford bull View Post
    Two ideas I have come up with is a 150% tax on Starbucks drinks and a law requiring all London restaurants to close at 5.30pm. It would be pointless, small-minded, petty and do nothing for the country as a whole, much like the stuff they bring in. My start point, though, would be to campaign to extend the Congestion Charge to cover the whole of London. It would establish our (pseudo) green credentials and be appealing to politicians because of the increased tax take. We should be able to get 100,000 SD e-petition signatures on that one.

Sounds like encouragement for the barnacles on the arse of society we call politicians to increase their expense claims ??
    But, I like the feel of the idea...... Cheers.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford bull View Post
    Now all we need is a name. I have come up with 'Countryside Users Needling Townies Seriously' but am open to suggestions.
    I thought this was already being utilised by the "Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers" ?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).