Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feral cats

feral cats

hi, got a friend who is doing some building work on a farm, the farm has got about 20 feral cats and the farmer wants shut.
    my friend has mentioned myself too him and he has said to go and see him(hopefully get my foot in door) but not sure what legal means there are if any.
    any advice would be great.
    cheers stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Little article in the NGO mag may give you some advice on this subject as for me ......no comment
    kind regards
    norma

Call the cats protection league, they will shift them for free and rehome them. We took some neutered feral cats from the CPL to control rats etc round the grain store and they do a great job. I know people who spend a fortune on poison. We spend nothing.
    Last edited by Irish Bob; 02-09-2012 at 19:40.

I periodically reduce the population of our farm cats using a .410 shotgun around the yard.
    The kids just tell me which ones they want me to spare, and which ones they want me to cull (based on whatever colours are their current favourites). Pretty soft hearted, really.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    I periodically reduce the population of our farm cats using a .410 shotgun around the yard.
    The kids just tell me which ones they want me to spare, and which ones they want me to cull (based on whatever colours are their current favourites). Pretty soft hearted, really.
    Superb!

I tried the cats protection and RSPCA in the past to remove cats from a pub. Weren't interested so had to have a cull.

Quote Originally Posted by ronny165 View Post
    Priceless !!!

Agreed and there are several ways to skin a cat as the saying goes.

Does the farm have lambing sheep? If so he's better getting the cats spayed and leaving some of them there. Keeping a healthy adult population of cats is useful in trying to prevent toxoplasmosis in the ewes as its the young cats that are the biggest source of infection. REmove all the cats and the strays will walk in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    I tried the cats protection and RSPCA in the past to remove cats from a pub. Weren't interested so had to have a cull.
    I know the the CPL will pay to have them all spay etc. Not suprised about the attitude of the RSPCA.