58 grain VMax on Roe

Dont know about the 58gn v max on roe but i would have thought you would have a meat damage/ buising issue, iv shot plenty of deer with 75 gn and 87gn v max and the 75's show more bruisng over the heavier projectile but both will mostly stop deer in their tracks.
All this pish about surface wounds must be a myth because i have never come across it with any of the above or maybe i have been very lucky getting away with just a bit of bruising or damage.
I agree they are best for neck /head shots, but will kill very quickly in the engine room at the expence of increased bruising .
My advice would be stick with the heavier heads unless someone you know who uses 58's on roe can give you a honest informed oppinion or show you the results first hand.
Iv found there is a lot of good sound information that can be gleaned from these internet sites which i am grateful for, but on the other hand a lot of misleading info too so always best to experiment yourself and find out what works well for you. DF

Back