Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff Injury

Staff Injury

I have the misfortune to report that a staff member, the Butler(some of you will know him as Robin) has sustained an injury to his foot, broken it in fact.

This has not been a good time for him lately as this is not the first mishap. Just recently there was what some might call an age related injury, it involved a World War 2 Anderson shelter, and it would seem that Robin whilst attempting home improvements fell through the roof!

The latest incident also has a DIY connotation as apparently he dropped G clamp on his foot and broke it, his foot that is.

However the Butler being made of stern stuff has not been deterred by this minor physical setback as only last evening he was sighted in the capital. Our senior roving reporter, tika 308, could hardly believe his eyes when, having already been made aware of the Butler's accident, spotted him enjoying a day out at London Zoo. Luckily he also managed to obtain photographic evidence of this sighting.

A spokesperson for Team Great Britain has already been on to me to deny rumours that he, the Butler, had gone to London to offer his services to the team.

Here is the photo of him, doing his best to maintain a low profile.

Happy hopping Robin, get well soon you have guiding to do.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I tell ya John, it's hard getting the right staff these days, anyone want a job for two weeks in Scotland guiding for me???

No over 60's cripples, or retired Butlers allowed

Never mind Robin, we shall think of you when we are tucked up by the fire with a nice we dram
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Bad luck Robin, get well soon!

Which foot is it? You are welcome to use my quad if it's not your gear change foot!

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    it involved a World War 2 Anderson shelter, and it would seem that Robin whilst attempting home improvements fell through the roof!
    After speaking to Malc last night it sounds like something out of a Roadrunner cartoon... you know the ones where Wile E Coyote is sawing through a branch whilst standing on the same branch

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    I tell ya John, it's hard getting the right staff these days, anyone want a job for two weeks in Scotland guiding for me???

No over 60's cripples, or retired Butlers allowed .

Never mind Robin, we shall think of you when we are tucked up by the fire with a nice we dram
    Control thy self young man !
    I was still dragging Reds off stoney mountains until I had open heart surgery when I too was in my 60s.
    I had to be fired up twice on the jumper leads during the proceedings and the surgeon said that if I had not been a `mountain man` I would have snuffed it.

HWH.
    Last edited by stag1933; 03-09-2012 at 15:48.

Shame on you Malc, making your butler live in an Anderson shelter.

Make a quick recovery Robin that rabble need someone to set some sort of standard and to civilise them when they are up in Scotland.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Control thy self young man !
    I was still dragging Reds off stoney mountains until I had open heart when I too was in my 60s.
    I had to be fired up twice on the jumper leads during the proceedings and the surgeon said that if I had not been a `mountain man` I would have snuffed it.

HWH.
    Good on you,

Only trouble is I doubt JAYB or myself would classify him as a "mountain man" I have trouble getting him to turn the bed sheet down and getting me tea in the morning and Senior Guide and Waddas will no doubt concur

Never mind Rob, get better soon mate we have some dates with a Fallow Buck or two arranged on my return.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Now that's naughty Alex, I purposely made no mention of the Walt Disney details surrounding the incident, you make it sound as if he cut out the roof he was standing on !!!

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post

Bad luck Robin, get well soon!

Which foot is it? You are welcome to use my quad if it's not your gear change foot!

After speaking to Malc last night it sounds like something out of a Roadrunner cartoon... you know the ones where Wile E Coyote is sawing through a branch whilst standing on the same branch
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Heres a picture taken after the roof collapsed, cant see Rob anywhere!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-bombed-Anderson-shelter-SJA.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	18823

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Is that Todd trying to locate him Malc?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

No afraid not Mike, and he buggered up his veg patch when the roof collapsed.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.