Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: has anybody ever fought the police, re conditions etc

has anybody ever fought the police, re conditions etc

i keep hearing about police overstepping their powers or adding conditions to folks tickets etc , has anybody ever said , no i am not accepting that ?
    if so did you win , loose get refused a ticket etc ?

I did Brian i wanted my 6.5 for wild boar and after a few chats on the phone regards what the rifle can offer and what chance i might have of shooting a wild boar they changed there mind and gave me a 6.5 for Boar and i am now going for a second time shooting them.

hmmm intresting , ,

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I did Brian i wanted my 6.5 for wild boar and after a few chats on the phone regards what the rifle can offer and what chance i might have of shooting a wild boar they changed there mind and gave me a 6.5 for Boar and i am now going for a second time shooting them.
    If you succeed in getting one, please keep the cleaves, some skin and some guts. There will be lots on interested in these.

I will do Baron and i will have my wee bitch with me to pull it down should i wing it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    i keep hearing about police overstepping their powers or adding conditions to folks tickets etc , has anybody ever said , no i am not accepting that ?
    if so did you win , loose get refused a ticket etc ?
    Oh yes but I found that when I produced reasoned arguments they agreed.

Yes hants wanted my son to have Dsc 1, we said no and they backed down, they accepted that working as a gamekeeper was enough. It never reached the writing letters stage I just asked the flo where it said that it was required in the firearms act, his reply was the chief constable likes them, to which I replied I like a lot of things but shan't ask the CC to do them, ticket came back with usual areas passed for calibre etc etc.

so its more a case of them seeing what they can get away with ?

A friend was to have a few ridiculous conditions imposed on him on his first FAC, he was a member of the armed forces, we sent a well worded letter in response and he was granted an open certificate. You can get your own way if you know how to ask.
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

All the time, although usually because if niggly conditions like foxes only when in pursuit of deer etc. Some they changed straight away and others took a re request every time I put in a variation/renewal or change of ammo quantities! Got there in the end and a fantastic set of calibres and conditions now!!