Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen items from Swillington

Stolen items from Swillington

Gents

Please keep an eye open for stolen hawke scopes or clothing stolen today from Swillington.

Please contact Swillington shooting supplies 0113 2864097 with any info. Or the police obviously.

Items stolen include

Clothing numerous sizes

Dubarry Deane jumpers
    musto championship jackets and trousers
    le chameau Chene jumpers
    le chameau pink clan boots

Scopes

Hawke airmax3 and night eye scopes in
    9x40, 3-9x50, 2.5-10x44, 4x32, 4-12x50, 4-16x50 roughly 30 to 50 of each scope missing.

Any info would help as these are large quantities that must be doing the rounds.

Cheers
    Last edited by Jimbob; 06-09-2012 at 19:00. Reason: Items listed

ill spread the word on UKV
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Keep a close eye on eBay over the next week or two, a lot of things stolen from my work end up on there!

On one hand I feel for small businesses when theft occurs, doesn't take a lot for the monthly profit to be shot to bits. But I've had a couple of heated moments with that lot when they've undervalued and spouted utter crap about English guns I've taken there for p/x'ing last year. Perhaps they pee'd someone off just a little too much..

...I'm surprised that know something's been stolen too - it's like a church jumble in there..

T

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    On one hand I feel for small businesses when theft occurs, doesn't take a lot for the monthly profit to be shot to bits. But I've had a couple of heated moments with that lot when they've undervalued and spouted utter crap about English guns I've taken there for p/x'ing last year. Perhaps they pee'd someone off just a little too much..

...I'm surprised that know something's been stolen too - it's like a church jumble in there..

T

WOW, I hope you don't ever fall foul to burglary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    WOW, I hope you don't ever fall foul to burglary.
    +1

T
    If they undervalued the guns you were trying to sell that's what all businesses do. If they gave you full market value how would they make a profit on the re sale. At the end of the day it's your choice to sell or not.
    Having thieving scum help their selves to your stuff that you work hard for is no comparison
    Wingy

T
    No one deserves to have property stolen.
    I recently bought a scope from them, it was my first visit there and I was very impressed with them, and certainly didn't feel ripped off with the deal I got. I chose to travel further and buy from Swillington's because of how I was made to feel in another well known shooting supplies shop I sometimes use. Granted, their shop is far tidier but when I was comparing the two scopes that I'd narrowed my choice to, they made me feel as though they thought I was going to run off with them, two people following me around even though other customers were waiting to be served (I'd just purchased ammunition, so even if I had they had my details).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    Gents

Please keep an eye open for stolen hawke scopes or Harkila clothing stolen today from Swillington.

Please contact Swillington shooting supplies 0113 2864097 with any info.

Cheers

but surely they are insured right?
    not suggesting that you ignore the theft and let people get away with it, but Swillington are not the people to be calling, surely the Police are the people to be following it up?

I traveled down from Dumfries to buy a rifle from them, they seemed a good bunch. It makes you think if anywhere is secure enough!