Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe doe contract North England

Roe doe contract North England

North England Roe doe contract.
    This must interest some stalkers in the North!
    ROE DEER CULLING CONTRACTS / DOE SEASON ONLY / NOVEMBER TO FEBRUARY INCLUSIVE NORTH ENGLAND FOREST DISTRICT INVITATION TO TENDER

The Forestry Commission is inviting tenders for Roe Deer Culling in North England Forest District.
    The contract areas are:
    1. Redesdale; Central map Grid Ref; NT 760 020
    2. South Wark; Central map Grid Ref; NY 760 730
    Work includes culling, extraction, and processing deer using fit for purpose equipment to Forestry Commission England standard.
    The estimated total value of contract 1 is 9500 for one season
    This contract may be extended for a further 2 years /seasons granted a satisfactory outcome in year 1.
    The estimated total value of contract 2 is 9500
    This contract may be extended for a further 2 years / seasons granted a satisfactory outcome in year 1.
    The cull target in period 1 for each contract is 100 roe does + 30%
    The contract start dates will be 1st November 2012 to be completed by 28th February 2013.
    For further enquiries regarding contracts please contact
    Philip Spottiswood or Chris Slater no later than 12th September 2012
    philip.spottiswood@forestry.gsi.gov.uk
    chris.slater@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

1995rs

Do you pay 9500, or do they pay you for carrying out the cull? Sorry to,sound naive !

You pay then try to recover your costs by selling venison assuming there are 100 (+/130%) deer there.

most leases I have seen are costed at roughly 100 a deer....

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    You pay then try to recover your costs by selling venison assuming there are 100 (+/130%) deer there.

This, only you won't get anywhere near 100 when you weigh in a roe doe to a game dealer.

Sorry lads am i missing somthing here they are paying you to shoot the deer they keep the deer its a work (you know like a job) contract not a lease.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Sorry lads am i missing somthing here they are paying you to shoot the deer they keep the deer its a work (you know like a job) contract not a lease.
    +1,
    The estimated total value of contract 2 is 9500, 100 deer +30%, depending on how the contract goes and how much per beast you are paid, so in theory you could get 30% above the 9500 per contract.

atb blue.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post

seem some people dont know the difference between a contract and a lease,
    your wrong your NOT paying to shoot the deer your being PAID to shoot them,you have to put in a tender for the contract,in simple terms you tender a price which you are prepared to work for IE how much you need to be paid per beast shot,it can be what evre you think anything form 50 to 150.
    you still have to tick all the boxes first to get the contract and then its not easy to forfill it,contracting is a full time job

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    seem some people dont know the difference between a contract and a lease,
    your wrong your NOT paying to shoot the deer your being PAID to shoot them,you have to put in a tender for the contract,in simple terms you tender a price which you are prepared to work for IE how much you need to be paid per beast shot,it can be what evre you think anything form 50 to 150.
    you still have to tick all the boxes first to get the contract and then its not easy to forfill it,contracting is a full time job
    Spot on!

Looks good on the face of it but could be the toughest 9500 you ever earned.
    Could take all the joy out of stalking and would probably involve having to lamp.

hi it will be very hard work in there lots of large mature blocks and no chance of lamping no night licenses issued there
    atb tom

I have previously carried out contract work on the Wark beat a few years ago.
    It can be quite an unforgiving bleak place and is challenging stalking, the problem with Roe only contracts is that if the weather does not play ball you can be struggling to locate the deer.
    Round trip to the larder was over 50 miles and accomodation is limited.
    Unless you can commit full time hours and are willing to put in the hard yards on foot I would suggest that this is not the contract for you.
    For info, I am not tendering for this.

Regards

BP