Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bad manners

bad manners

if you are a member of a paying syndicate ,and you found out the sydicate leader was giving stalks without asking the paying members what would you do.say for example he offered a stalk for charity do you think it would be reasonable to ask the other members (who would i am 100% sure would say yes)or would you be unhappy if you where not asked
    Last edited by derek.snr; 04-09-2012 at 19:53.

I believe that all syndicate members should seek approval from all other members to ensure they have their agreement or not. I would be unhappy in this position yes. Though if a stalk were offered for the benefit of a genuine charity, then I'm sure I'd have no issue with it.

That's why I don't shoot in syndicated shoots any more... Bloody nightmare unless you are best buddies with all of the group as it seems there is always someone who wants to "push the boundaries".

Having said that I know I am very lucky to have lots of access to shooting and stalking which others can only gain from being in a syndicate.

JUST SMILE AND PAY!!!!!

JUST SMILE AND PAY!!!!!

I say it's common courtesy to ask all members.....
    "Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." Agatha Christie

Degs,

I've spoken to Mark and told him how pi55ed off you are. He did offer a stalk as a charity prize and one spiker buck was taken.

I think he now realises that he should have informed the other lads prior to doing so as we would all have been fine with it.

I do not expect this to be a regular thing!

Derek I can understand you feeling a bit miffed about not being informed as a similar thing happened to me several years ago. Only in my case I was in W.H.Smiths and there on the front of the Shooting Gazette was a picture of Stoke Edith estate in Herefordshire and a headline that said that all the Browning Reps in the U.K. had been invited to test the latest Browning rifle on the estate and invited to shoot deer that I as a syndicate member was paying for the privilege of stalking. To say that I was not happy with the situation was an understatement. The guys who were organising the syndicate obviously didn’t think it necessary to inform the syndicate members. Since then just like ilikesshooting I would never ever consider joining another syndicate unless I knew and trusted all the syndicate members absolutely.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Are the rules of the syndicate such that a member can take a guest out with them, either to carry a rifle each or shoot as the member/hosts replacement? Because if that is the case I actually don't see any reason why the other members need to give their approval? Does every member have to seek permission every time they take a guest out?

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Derek I can understand you feeling a bit miffed about not being informed as a similar thing happened to me several years ago. Only in my case I was in W.H.Smiths and there on the front of the Shooting Gazette was a picture of Stoke Edith estate in Herefordshire and a headline that said that all the Browning Reps in the U.K. had been invited to test the latest Browning rifle on the estate and invited to shoot deer that I as a syndicate member was paying for the privilege of stalking. To say that I was not happy with the situation was an understatement. The guys who were organising the syndicate obviously didn’t think it necessary to inform the syndicate members. Since then just like ilikesshooting I would never ever consider joining another syndicate unless I knew and trusted all the syndicate members absolutely.
    so you wont be interested if i start a syndicate up then regards pete .

You're right Pete, I only deal with people I know and trust.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

None of that rule makes sense to be honest. A syndicate member is permitted to take a guest out, but the guest cannot use his own rifle? That is a daft rule and one that could cause a poor shot to be taken because the guest is not accustomed to the rifle he has to use. There is in fact no benefit to that rule. If it is acceptable for the guest to take a shot then it appears that the only rule worth having is that even with a guest out they must only have one rifle between them, therefore the member and the guest must make up their minds as to who is shooting on that visit and leave the other weapon at home surely?

I agree that a phone call to tell the members what was happening may have been the done thing but there is no need from the rule highlighted to in fact ask their permission...