Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Contractor Rifle - RTS (Ready To Shoot)

The Contractor Rifle - RTS (Ready To Shoot)

For a while now we have been looking at being able to offer a semi-custom rifle that is Affordable, work a day rifle, for the hard hunting sportsman and the professional on a budget.

Using the excellent Howa 1500 barrel actions as a basis, we shorten the barrels and screw cut and re-crown to target finish, tune the triggers to a crisp two pound pull.

Then bed the actions using marine-tex into the Bell and Carlson medallist stocks.

A tactical bolt knob is added to aid the speed cycling the action when a rapid follow up shot is required.

The rifles have been fully developed to maximise their accuracy, giving you a rugged dependable rifle system thatís ready to use in the field or on the range thatís not going to break the bank.

The above target was shot with a five round group in .223 cal using data developed for the Contractor rifle.

The group size was 0.182

Datum load information is provided with each gun to assist the shooter for a variety of bullet weights.

Option for the rifle:-

Calibers:- .223 & .308

Blued Varmint Profile Barrel/Action with Mounts, Bases & Moderator = £1475.00

Blued Varmint Profile Fluted Barrel/Action with Mounts, Bases & Moderator = £1550.00

Stainless Varmint Profile Barrel/Action with Mounts, Bases & Moderator = £1625.00

Stock Options

Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Black Textured.
    Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Black/Grey Textured.
    Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Green/Black Textured.
    Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Tan/Black Textured.

Packages are also available to include detachable magazines and scopes.

For more information contact:-

Brock & Norris Ltd
    Unit G2
    Sandford Industrial Park
    Sandford
    Whitchurch
    Shropshire
    SY13 2AN

Tel:- 0845 521 2995
    Mobile:- 07971 169829

Email:- sales@brockandnorris.co.uk

Hi,
    can you tell me the weight of the bare rifle, and what twist is the .223 barrel?
    cheers, Tedward.

Hi, It is a good idea to offer such a rifle. Most contractors that I know work with 270's and detachable mags though. I am not looking for a rifle myself at the moment. However I have heard of your good reputation and I will mention it to some guys in the pro-world.
    Last edited by rem284; 06-09-2012 at 11:31.

Excuse my ignorance but, I always thought a semi custom rifle was a factory action with a custom barrel fitted?

There is no disputing the accuracy of the set up and it looks great too but, To my mind it's a tweaked factory rifle.

Have there been any custom parts added aside for a bolt handle?
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but, I always thought a semi custom rifle was a factory action with a custom barrel fitted?

There is no disputing the accuracy of the set up and it looks great too but, To my mind it's a tweaked factory rifle.

Have there been any custom parts added aside for a bolt handle?
    A £600 factory rifle with some of its barrel cut off, a tuned trigger, some ballistic load data and a new stock moses. Is that a grands worth of work? I genuinely don't know, never had any of it done....
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

£600 rifle, around £100 for mounts and bases, another £200 for a mod, around £400 for a stock and at a guess another £150 bedding job, trigger tune would cost £30+ just about anywhere, cutting down barrel and re-crowning and threading another £100. That's between £1500 and £1600. And we have not added on the bolt handle and load development yet.

Even if the rifle smith is producing this at cost to him, to you and me the above is still the price we would pay anywhere.

I have no connection or interests in the company offering this but on the face of it I would think that is a pretty good deal TBH...

The word customising can cover a multitude of work in varying degrees, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    £600 rifle, around £100 for mounts and bases, another £200 for a mod, around £400 for a stock and at a guess another £150 bedding job, trigger tune would cost £30+ just about anywhere, cutting down barrel and re-crowning and threading another £100. That's between £1500 and £1600. And we have not added on the bolt handle and load development yet.

Even if the rifle smith is producing this at cost to him, to you and me the above is still the price we would pay anywhere.

I have no connection or interests in the company offering this but on the face of it I would think that is a pretty good deal TBH...

The word customising can cover a multitude of work in varying degrees, surely?
    This is just about what you would pay for a semi-custom Remington 700 and the like and
    With probably the same amount of work done,but the howa IMO is the much better rifle and looks good value to me......
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; 05-09-2012 at 09:03.

Have to agree with Jamross , Its a good deal on a accurate rifle.

I think this has been done before, using Rem 700's,,,cant recall what the company was called who did it.

Anyway, this looks like a good option for someone who wants a sorted, ready to go workhorse. Looks good value to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    I think this has been done before, using Rem 700's,,,cant recall what the company was called who did it.

Anyway, this looks like a good option for someone who wants a sorted, ready to go workhorse. Looks good value to me.
    didnt rimfire magic or syss as they are known do semi custom remmys