Advice Required to fit roof lamp (Lightforce with remote handle) to L200

dave1372

Dropped my car at my garage for my lightforce 170 with the remote handle to be fitted to the roof of my 04 reg L200 and the mechanic says the support bar runs down the middle and he would need to fit it off-centre which makes me nervous, anyone else had this problem on a L200 and did you find away around it? ....picture of it would be nice as proof he can do it! I reckon he is bluffing as it is slightly more complicated than he anticipated and is looking for me to give him an easy option .:doh:

Had a similar problem recently (support brace ), options are to slightly offset, or fit a roof bar.

Rgds Buck.

alright mate i have l200 would like to know how you fitted roof light dead centre.would you pass on your good fortune to me,thanks mate

The Hella is a totally different Lamp Taln, the Lightforce is a sandwich mount (note a lot larger hole must be cut )

which allows no room to tighten the locking ring between the double channel support brace on the underside

of the roof ( pull the interior light to see channel )

1rsu35.jpg
post-650-0-23475100-1299431349.jpg

Rgds, Buck.

As mch as it is handy for you and a friend to use a center mount, I am seriosly considering a RH front mount in my next 4WD, esp for single operator use.
You try shooting a bunny when you put the cross on the eye and the bugger oves outside the beam. The alternative is to use our roof light as a search light and have a >200 lumen torch on the scope of your rifle.

alright mate i have l200 would like to know how you fitted roof light dead centre.would you pass on your good fortune to me,thanks mate
PM your email address, I'll send an email, the same on I sent to Dave. It's as good an explanation as I can come up with, I am not going to take my roof lining off for a picture though....TJ

Got it sorted :

IMG-20120907-00399.jpg

IMG-20120907-00398.jpg

IMG-20120907-00401.jpg

Fitted just right, and christened it with four foxes last night, so I am well chuffed!

Before anyone asks it was Andy from Bradbury Motors in Port Seton that fitted it.

Looks good but don't see the locking nut on it?

Got it sorted :

IMG-20120907-00399.jpg

IMG-20120907-00398.jpg

IMG-20120907-00401.jpg

Fitted just right, and christened it with four foxes last night, so I am well chuffed!

Before anyone asks it was Andy from Bradbury Motors in Port Seton that fitted it.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just interested in how people have wired these to the power?

I've got a discovery and I'm going to link my remote to a switch on the dash with all of the wiring in the headlining, when I get around to it!

PM your email address, I'll send an email, the same on I sent to Dave. It's as good an explanation as I can come up with, I am not going to take my roof lining off for a picture though....TJ

Tartinjock any chance you still have the email with details about how to fit a lamp to a l200 please?

Thanks

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just interested in how people have wired these to the power?

I've got a discovery and I'm going to link my remote to a switch on the dash with all of the wiring in the headlining, when I get around to it!
I have a Euro DIN socket mounted under the bonnet wired directly to battery via a 10 amp blade fuse, my lamp is on a suction cup roof mount bar and i just plug it in under the bonnet and off i go

Ian.

I fitted mine dead centre slightly forward, 52mm hole if I remember. Wired straight to the battery across roof lining down passenger pillar with a fuse I know everyone going thermal now but I shot hundreds of foxes on my own this way. Cracking set up nip the handle yo just right and it will stay where you position it for a shot

Back