Thread: Anyone have one of these gismos - need a little advice

Anyone have one of these gismos - need a little advice

This chap: - sorry about poor quality of photo!

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/DSCF1121.jpg

Recently decided to switch the tape to another rifle with required alteration to the MOA on the tape. Tried tipex and a little white emulsion but both seem to wear off pretty quickly. Has anyone got one and if so how have they got around this problem?

Doesn't help you with the tape but mine is a table on the butler creeks on the back of the scope, flip the cap up and it's always in front of you

No tape help here, either!
    In lieu of memorizing the drop, simply tape a small chart to the side of the stock like US comp shooters used to do. A quick peek and you have you info without a lot of unnecessary movement.~Muir

Probably something wrong in saying so .................................................. ............. but here goes:-

Have you considered getting closer to the target?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Probably something wrong in saying so .................................................. ............. but here goes:-

Have you considered getting closer to the target?
    Nothing wrong saying that Brit........ but with my night time fox shooting with N/V even in my old age, can remember 1/2 Moa is 200 yds. No I shoot this gun quite often out to arouund 500 yds on targets and the occasional corvid so getting closer would somewhat diminish the idea of longish ranges lol.

My tape also has windage figures. Yes I have done the bit on the scope covers and also a sticky on scope barrel and stock, but problem is there is a limit to how much I can write on a snall bit of paper without having to fumble around to find reading glasses.