Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why is the 7mm rem mag not so popular over hear

why is the 7mm rem mag not so popular over hear

ok lads i use a 7mm rem mag love the caliber gun etc now i think its a great gun caliber for every thing in uk. fast flat hits very hard on deer fox at close and far distances recoil minimal dont listen to every thing on the internet lots of heads for it loads of reloading data loved by the good old usa so why the lack of popularitey over hear i think every one should have one so why not so popular over hear thanks

cost of fuel would be factor, and people think it kicks so hard their knob might just fall off rumour has it, but I don't believe it ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    cost of fuel would be factor, and people think it kicks so hard their knob might just fall off rumour has it, but I don't believe it ;-p
    reloading is onley couple of grains more than a 270 so cant be cost the recoil thing is a load of b...ks kicks no more than my 243 but hits targets with 3times the force and more

I had a shot of a friends 7mm rem mag a few months back & really liked it.
    So much so that ive decided to get rid of the .300WM & get a custom built 7mm instead.

Legal for eveything in the UK & for a lot of plains game as well (should i ever be lucky enough to get the opportunity).

Nice versatile calibre & plenty of factory ammo available straight off the shelf.

DA
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Because it's a bit of a tongue-twister and people are worried they may sound stupid in the gunsmiths when they ask for sevenmillimetreremingtonmagnum.

then why not go RUM?

_ RUM please.
    _ Yes sir, how many?
    _ Twenty.
    _ Twenty shots of RUM? Are you sure?

OK, I give up, this attempt at a humourous spun play on words doesn't really work, sorry.

PM,

I found it rather funny, but you should've incorporated some puns...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Because it's a bit of a tongue-twister and people are worried they may sound stupid in the gunsmiths when they ask for sevenmillimetreremingtonmagnum.
    somtimes its good to be dislexik 7mm rem mag less words to bugger up

Sorry PKL, I couldn't quite stitch the bits together. There was something about a tongue-twister, dyslexia, punctuation (sorry wraith, just clutching at straws here), rum, shots, it all seemed sort of promising but upon further investigation was pretty weak.